Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New tpms sensors

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2008, 4:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New tpms sensors

Once I get the RCDLR problems ironed out, maybe I'll dish out for the OTC unit. Thanks.
Old January 17th, 2008, 4:04 AM
CF Active Member

What about a 2007 Silverado LTZ 17" OEM ,with 2008 Tahoe 20" wheels. Will/Can sensors be reprogramed?
Old January 17th, 2008, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

IDID THE SAME THING ,BOUGHT A SET OF TAHOE LTZ WHEELS ,AND THEY CAME WITH TPMS INSIDE ,DIDN'T WORK BECAUSEthe dealer update/reprogram RCDLR SHOULD BE DONE FIRST ,AFTER IT ,IT WAS OK ,MAKE SURE THE TPMS ARE INSTALLED IN THE NEW SET OF WHEELS AND TIRES.
Old February 18th, 2008, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

I work for Discount Tire company andi can tell you Chevy's are the easiest of all the makes to reset TPMS. If you go to any Discount Tire store ( idk bout other tire retailers) they have the tools to help you reset the sensors ( it requires a magnet or scanner tool depending on model) The tool will "recalibrate the tpms sensor in the wheel. You have to follow the in-cab reset instructions,l resetting the sensors in the wheels during this process( it involves walking around the vehicle).

Worst case you would need the Identification numbers on the back of the actual sensors and the dealer will have to input these codes in the onboard computer system. But thats worst case.. usually tpms malfunction causes this.. Good Luck Le me know if you need specific instructions i can get them for you..
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks man ,that was what I did at the dealer in Brazil ,now it's perfect ,thanks for your attention!!!
Luiz.

ORIGINAL: mrno252

I work for Discount Tire company andi can tell you Chevy's are the easiest of all the makes to reset TPMS. If you go to any Discount Tire store ( idk bout other tire retailers) they have the tools to help you reset the sensors ( it requires a magnet or scanner tool depending on model) The tool will "recalibrate the tpms sensor in the wheel. You have to follow the in-cab reset instructions,l resetting the sensors in the wheels during this process( it involves walking around the vehicle).

Worst case you would need the Identification numbers on the back of the actual sensors and the dealer will have to input these codes in the onboard computer system. But thats worst case.. usually tpms malfunction causes this.. Good Luck Le me know if you need specific instructions i can get them for you..
Old December 17th, 2008, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

i rotate my tires too and was able to reset the TPMS but now the two right side tires lose pressure so everyday i have to put air on them.

does this mean i have to buy new TPMS or can it be fixed

first i thought it was just the valve so i got new ones but i keep losing pressure what can i do to fix it????
Old December 20th, 2008, 6:55 AM
CF Active Member

I put a set of used 20's on my truck with new sensors I purchased & had no problem gettting the DIC reading them. I just followed the manual!
Old December 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
CF Active Member

Rotated tires and re-learned the TPMS systems numerous times on both '08 Silverado and '08 Tahoe following the instructions in the manual. The trick is to expel air quickly so the sensors pick up the change in pressure. Sometimes the 4th tire in the relearn process takes a tad longer than the other three.