Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Purchasing 2016 silverado

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2019, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing 2016 silverado

I'm excited about moving to Chevy after my extensive history with only fords. This baby is loaded. My main concern is the electronics and purchasing the extended warranty. Does anyone know of any big ticket electronics that may become a problem for me? I'd rather not spend the 3500 on the warranty if no need. Any advice would help. I'm picking up new t
Ride tomorrow.
Old November 2nd, 2019, 3:59 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowbedder
I'm excited about moving to Chevy after my extensive history with only fords. This baby is loaded. My main concern is the electronics and purchasing the extended warranty. Does anyone know of any big ticket electronics that may become a problem for me? I'd rather not spend the 3500 on the warranty if no need. Any advice would help. I'm picking up new t
Ride tomorrow.
I wouldn't be found dead in a F**D, personally. I have liked Chevrolet's since I was a lad. All vehicles today, no matter what brand, are full of electronics that can go south.

I would not purchase an extended warranty from the dealership. You can buy an independent one from lots of agencies, and with most you can have it repaired at a shop
that you like, not just a GM dealership, but they will cover that too. GM does not have extended warranties, only the standard one. The one the dealership has is of their
own choosing and you can get burned on those. Read the fine print first before paying hundreds of dollars. BTW, no one can say what issues will come up but I would run that pickup like a bat out of hell, and see if anything breaks, so you can use the stock GM warranty. Check all the fluids, to make sure they are good, clean and up to level. .

F**d once, a few decades back, shipped out quite a few new factory pickups with no gear oil in the axles, for instance. Not exactly a bright idea but that's F**d!

Last edited by oilcanhenry; November 2nd, 2019 at 4:03 PM.