Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Replace Speakers

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2009, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace Speakers

I have a 2003 Chevrolet ext. cab with a busted speaker in the front driver door. I have decided to replace all the speakers in the truck. I need instructions on how to access front and rear speakers. Thanks
Old October 22nd, 2009, 4:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

Try a thread search in this section.

They're using 7mm bolts at the base of the door(2 or 3,1 for door pocket)- The plastic screw cover by the latch-side of the door covers a torx bolt. The hinge-side middle of the door is held in by a plastic body bolt. Pop off the door lock switch as one complete piece using your plastic putty knife or shoehorn, look under this with a flashlight to disconnect the hardware under the door lock hole.

There's a screw under the armrest on the door. pop out the plastic insert around the interior door handle with a putty knife or shoehorn. Pop out the Window switch module, and disconnect the plugs from the bottom.

When all is loose, lift up, and pull backward on the door panel to dislodge the stationary retainer tabs,(you may need to gently dislodge them individually) and remove the door inside panel. You can access the bottom tabs easily when you remove the door pocket screw(bottom) and remove the interior door pocket. Carefully unplug speakers, and any remaining wires.

Last edited by therewolf; October 22nd, 2009 at 8:59 AM.