Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Split A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2007, 5:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Split A/C problem

Gentlemen: My 2004 3/4 short crew has developed a nasty problem. The left (driver) side a/c will intermittently kick into high heat output while the right (passenger) ducts keep pumping out nice cold air. Shutting down (engine off)for ten minutes seems to fix, but that doesn't work well when I've got to pull the Scout's trailer from Kansas to So. Dakota for summer camp next month. Dealer sold me a < $100 software upgrade that did nothing. Claims next step is nearly $1000 job on duct motor (?). Any suggestions? It's hot here.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Split A/C problem

I'm at least glad I'm not the only one with this problem. The same occurs with mine if the AC is not on with just vent air. I haven't found a solution but I do have a fleet group with a lot of chevy pickups in it and one afternoon, we swapped the dash switch out - no change and next we took off the vent box below and I found a loose wire clip but alas same problem. I'm waiting for others within our fleet to have the same problem and see what they do and I need them to ask the chevy tech reps for a solution. Sorry no answer at this point