Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

steering question

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default steering question

I have a dana 60 with 4.10s out of a 01 f-350 if i were to slap it under the front of my 2500hd 2wd, how difficult would the steeering components come together? The idea is get the axle under the truck, get an alignment, get it drivable and worry about a transfer case and the driveshafts later. I'm trying to get the parts together and do the install this time next year.
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:52 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nauticstar87
I have a dana 60 with 4.10s out of a 01 f-350 if i were to slap it under the front of my 2500hd 2wd, how difficult would the steeering components come together? The idea is get the axle under the truck, get an alignment, get it drivable and worry about a transfer case and the driveshafts later. I'm trying to get the parts together and do the install this time next year.
you might want to check out this site www.offroadunlimited.com

they have a host of info on what your getting ready to do

did the 60 come with all drag links?was there any steering intact with the axle, pitman arm etc?while your getting ready for the sas you should start sourcing some other front end parts,spring hangers,what leafs your gonna run, it's just an opinion but iv'e always had good results when finding a donor vehicle to get the parts from,sometimes it works out cheaper..

your already in good with the most important part....that 60....sweet
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seen ORU, did give me a little insight. Was thinking bout using the leaf springs off of the rear of a 74 chevy, along with the hangers. I'll be taking a lot of measurements in October when i go home for a week. I'm in South carolina and all the parts are in Texas. as for whats on the axle I'm not sure. I haven't touched it since I pulled it from a junkyard and put it in my barn almost 4yrs ago. Had plans for it but the chair force got me sidetracked.