Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Stuck on defrost 04 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
jmz
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck on defrost 04 Silverado

I know. I know. You are probably thinking to yourself, "here is another stuck on defrost thread." You are right and wrong. Yes my hvac is stuck on defrost and no because I have searched and completed everything I have read from pulling the fuse under the hood to disconnecting the battery to holding the ac button while turning the selection ****. Everything I read I tried but still to no avail. It started while I was on deployment and my wife left the xm radio on and killed the battery. The odd part is that if I pull the HVAC fuse under the hood the air blows through the vents but of course no ac or selection. So I know the wiring and hardware is good. Maybe I just didn't find the right procedure to reset the computer. Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 5:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well after disconnecting fuse/battery and still not working, then i would check for a bad blend motor.. sorry to say there not cheep. common on some of 02+
sorry i can't be more help..

good luck