Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

T-Case operation??

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2010, 6:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Case operation??

I have a 2000 Z71 equipped with push button 4wd also has auto 4wd. Every once in a while the service 4wd message shows in the message center. on most occasions the 4wd works normally whether the light is on or not sometimes the lights in the 4wd buttons arent illuminated but 4wd still works. on a very seldom occasion it will not shift put of 4wd but usually after i hit the 2Hi button a few times it shifts out normally. The owners manual says to shift into neutral hold 2Hi and 4Hi buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. Never has this resulted in a shift to neutral and never have I seen the neutral light illuminate except when the Ign is first switched on all lights illuminate for a few secs. Also while under the truck I have noticed the front drive shaft is never disengaged i have jacked it up put it on jackstands. front wheels spin freely. started up pulled it into gear rear wheels run and front driveshaft runs but not front wheels. i have crawled under a friends truck close year and same model his front driveshaft also remains engaged while in 2wd he has no service 4wd light or other 4wd problems. sorry so long just wanted you to have all the facts.
Old February 4th, 2010, 8:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your actuator in the transfer case could be going out or the actuator on the front diff. my actuator went out on my t-case(dealer diagnosed) while being serviced for other issues. all replaced under warranty. havent had an issue with the 4 wheel drive since.