Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

turning on backup cam portion of radio please help.....

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default turning on backup cam portion of radio please help.....

Here's my problem.. I have a 08 nbs 2500 silverado w/duramax and allison trans. I want to install a backup cam,I have already purchased a gm unlock pro, I will purchase a back up cam later,(after the gm unlock pro is installed) I was at the dealership getting some warranty work done,so i asked the manager about installing a backup cam. He said he knew nothing about what I was talking about ,but he said he would hook the truck up to the tech 2 and try ...so we get to the step where you select radio and try to turn on the option and the truck would not accept the prompt to turn on the option.I don't believe we were in the right section or some thing.Does any one know how to do this? If you do could you give me some directions or should i go to a different dealer? We tried for about 20 min then after we could not get it to work we gave up.I asked him how much i owed him he said nothing (wich suprised the heck out of me) he also said if i get some good information or directions, on how to do this he would be happy to help me get the thing programed.So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.If any one wants to see the instructions that came with the unlock pro check out the web site at coastal tech......... http://www.coastaletech.com/New_Fold...rogramming.pdf
Old March 21st, 2009, 4:07 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry forgot to state that it was also hooked up to gm tis 2 web and tech 2 also
Old October 4th, 2009, 9:01 PM
CF Active Member

do you have the navigation sistem in your truck or what kind of monitor do you have?