Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

chevy aveo stereo/wiring pinout?

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it was just a fuse on the back of the headunit itself?
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no it was a fuse in the fuse panel. theirs two fuse boxes in the aveo ones under the hood and ones there when you open the driver side door. since i couldn't find a fuse in the door panel i checked the fuse box under the hood and didn't see anything so i checked the door panel fuses again and noticed that i over looked a spot on the pin out. and theres two fuses for the radio and clock together. ones up towards the top left corner and theirs one at the very bottom thats in some weird casing that holds the fuse. I didn't notice the fuse there because you can't even see the fuse when its inside the case. if i had a camera i'd show you. there isn't a fuse on the headunit though, its just the two in the door fuse box.
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Banned

The one that was blown was probably the chime fuse. That's always the first to blow. It's a good indicator that you popped a fuse instead of shorting the wires or headunit. For every car there is atleast 2 fuse panels. Interior and engine. Some cars have 2 for each or are set up like my malibu. I have 2 panels. One on each side of the dash.
Old May 8th, 2009, 3:39 AM
CF Beginner

I'm pretty new to cars so i'm just learning most of all this stuff. I bought a 1993 eagle talon for $200 that i'm going to mess around with and fiberglass the door panels and make my first box. $200 for a car seriously what's the worst thing that can happen you know?

do you have any tips or personally preferences on fiberglassing?
Old May 8th, 2009, 9:10 AM
Banned

We all start somewhere. For 200 dollars a lot can go wrong... lol. I don't know anything about body work. Sorry, no help there. Is the talon a Tsi? DSM's have a lot of problems. Especially with the clutches. Granted they can be extremely fast... they do take some work and definetly need TLC. For 200 though, hopefully there isn't major major repairs needed. Sometimes you can find cheap cars simply because they are sick of fixing them.
Old May 9th, 2009, 2:07 AM
CF Beginner

i've heard a lot about people making the talons seriously high end performance cars. mines a talon dl automatic 1.8l. it needs a transmission of course. i had an estimate done by a friend of mine that works at a shop and hes said he could have it done for $2000! super super pricey. i'm going to look around in the junkyards first before i end up spending 2 grand. or i may just do the body work for fun just to learn how. and once i'm done with it i'll just sell it without repairing anything.
Old May 12th, 2009, 9:38 AM
Banned

I am sure there are a ton of Talon tuners on the web. Look for some of their forums. There has to be a ton. No one who owns that car now, has any intentions of keeping it stock.
Old May 13th, 2009, 2:22 AM
CF Beginner

yea thats for sure, mines already got a full exhaust kit, new headers and cold air intake, i'm trying to sell it though. i'm sure it'll sell quickly.
Old May 14th, 2009, 1:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Its a dark green wire for my Blazer, so there is no definate answer on what color it could be on the Aveo.
I unhooked the battery and used a tester to poke around with until I found the right one. The tester I used was a 12v flashlight battery. I hooked a fused jumper from the negative side of the flashlight battery to the ground on the harness, then poked around with the positive lead until I heard a click. That indicated to me that I had activated the signal relay in the amp. I then jumped the signal wire from the head unit to the signal wire for the amp and put everything back together.
This may or may not work for you.
Old July 15th, 2011, 1:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Color, depending on the car. Saturn is my yellow light. So you need the diagram for your car. Some cars are light orange and mute. Several son of orange. See if you can get the pattern from your dealer.