Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Code P0171 air cleaner outlet duct

Old July 18th, 2017, 8:13 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P0171 air cleaner outlet duct

My 2012 Chev Sonic had an air cleaner outlet duct and filter replacement in January and was subsequently paid for under GM special coverage program 16139. Now the same code P0171 is coming up again and seems to be the same issue...all the same symptoms...I.e. ...low mileage and check engine light going on/ off intermittently. Could the air duct be broken again so soon or might it be another issue?

Curiously the check engine light came on about an hour after I had an oil change done...coincidence? I am not able to activate my membership as the emails never come through to me...tried re sending numerous times.

Last edited by Brandysue; July 18th, 2017 at 8:54 PM.
Old September 29th, 2017, 8:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove the duct and visually examine it . Then carefully re-install it , tighren the clamps well ( not over tighten them ) and plug in / re-install all sensors & hoses ) .

I have a brand new aftermarket duct in the floor , by me . Ordered it when the price came down to around $ 25 . Just in case our 2015 Sonic ever needs it .

Check any other hoses / sensors thet could have become unplugged , during previous work .

Wyr
God bless

Search this Thread