Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Sonic (Aveo) (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sonic-aveo-11/)
-   -   DLIS fuse (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sonic-aveo-11/dlis-fuse-56652/)

Brian Carpenter August 5th, 2019 1:17 PM

Watch out if using the Blue Ox fuse bypass switch

I appreciate the information in this thread. I have a 2015 Sonic and couldn't understand why to pull the DLIS fuse. As others have pointed out, the manual only states "to prevent battery drain". I have a charge wire connected from the motorhome to the Sonic's battery so it's probably not that big of a deal for me to pull it. However, I follow the manual because the engineers may have had other reasons for the procedure described.

I installed a fuse bypass switch from Blue Ox and used it successfully for a while, just kind of hanging out in the fuse panel. I hadn't mounted it because I wanted to order a spare fuse panel cover just in case I ever convert the car back to non-towable. I have noticed that with the DLIS fuse pulled, the key reminder chime is disabled, as is the solenoid that keeps the key in the ignition when not in park. In my case, the fuse bypass seemingly pulled out of the fuse block and shorted on something, blowing the fuse. No huge deal, but took me a while to figure out why my reminder chime wasn't working.

This morning I found my Sonic had rolled down the driveway and was sitting in my front yard. In my troubleshooting last night, I must have released the parking brake while it was in neutral, not park.

I don't recommend leaving the DLIS fuse removed as one could make a mistake and take the key out while the vehicle is not in park.

tfryman August 5th, 2019 1:28 PM

DLIS Fuse

I have been driving my Sonic with the DLIS fuse removed continuously for 3 years now. No ill effects.

Yeah, I could leave the car in neutral and walk away, but I only do that when it's attached to the motorhome.

Kinda makes you wonder how all these cars were operated before manufacturers put in all these user interlocks.

Realredhair November 15th, 2021 1:39 PM

Originally Posted by RV Volunteers (Post 241740)
Louis,

Thanks for responding to the above question and explaining the DLIS.

When I first towed My 2013 Sonic LTZ, I followed the manual instructions.

Removed the DLIS, placed key in ACC mode, which kept the dash lights on etc.
However, in the ACC Mode, mileage accrued on the Sonic.

The next trip I put the key in ACC mode where the dash lights came on; then I turned the key back one notch. The dash lights went out. The key was not in a locked mode. This time the Sonic did not accrue mileage during towing.

Again, thank you for any information and guidance regarding towing and the DLIS fuse.

I am considering installing an inline fuse switch for the DLIS. Then when towig, I would not have to remove the DLIS fuse, but turn off the switch.

a. Is there a problem doing for the DLIS to work off an inline fuse switch?

b. When stopping during the towing period, is it necessary to install the DLIS fuse when running the engine during trip stops?

I run the Sonic before towing, then during fuel stops, and never go over 60 mph.

After 4,400 miles the Sonic has been a sweet towing little car. I have towed the Sonic about 500 miles so far, the rest is driving miles, and it's a nice subcompact vehicle.

Starting in April the Sonic is going to get about 2500 towing miles over a 2 month period.

I have a short in this fuse keeps blowing out does anybody could help me how can I find the short also I have the code p0459 thanks !