Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Engine starts and soon dies

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2023, 4:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine starts and soon dies

I have Chevy Aveo T300 (2013). I have one issue. Suddenly, when I start the car, soon after it dies. What I found out:
  • Ignition should be OK, because the car starts
  • Fuel pump should be OK (if I move key to the first position, I hear that sound of the pump pushing the gas into the engine)
  • The battery in the keys is OK (I changed it few days ago)
  • Air filter is new and clean
My simple OBD does not detect anything. However, OBD does say that engine is overheated, and the red overheated icon is displayed (also when my car has cold engine). I do not think the problem is with the thermostat, because if it would, the car would start normally, but the engine would overheat. Do you have any ideas what could be the issue?
Old November 10th, 2023, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Chevy Aveo wouldn't start in the cold but now does.

Fixed my cold start issue.
Hello I have a Suzuki Swift, aka Pontiac Wave, aka, Chevy Aveo. I had issues with the car not starting in cold temp, even in a heatwave at times. Hubby changed several parts ie. Map sensor, throttle body, crank sensor, can shaft sensor, new battery, with no avail. The car would simply rumble a bit, attempt to start, and when it would it would just shut down after a min or so. Long story short I'm telling you that if you are having these common issues I assure you it is the computer. I got one from the scarp yard, off of a 2007 Pontiac Wave, out here in Ontario for 68.00. very Eazy installation. Brand new can range from 80.00 - 200.00 on amazon. My car now runs like it's brand new. Starts and goes no stalling, no shutting off after a min, no nuttin. So happy rn. Hope this helps all 2007 Suzuki Swift aka similiar model issues. P.S the numbers with the initial part and the one found at the scarp yard did Not match however it got my car up and running. No programming needed either. IT IS 100% the COMPUTER