Spark Originally known as the Beat, , this Daewoo Matiz based 5 door hatchback is newest to the Chevrolet lineup

Chevrolet Spark

Driver Information Center display problems

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2018, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Information Center display problems

hello, the Driver Information Center or DIC on my car has been having issues. It is the display next to the speedometer, the one that displays the RPMs and gas gauge. Sometimes it's blank, other times it fine and then inbetween it flashed on and off. Sometimes only sections of the display come on.

has anyone had this before? How hard would it be to fix? Do you think it's the wiring or is the screen faulty. (there are no other electrical problems in the car.)

Thanks for your help
Old September 8th, 2019, 2:32 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by chris807
hello, the Driver Information Center or DIC on my car has been having issues. It is the display next to the speedometer, the one that displays the RPMs and gas gauge. Sometimes it's blank, other times it fine and then inbetween it flashed on and off. Sometimes only sections of the display come on.

has anyone had this before? How hard would it be to fix? Do you think it's the wiring or is the screen faulty. (there are no other electrical problems in the car.)

Thanks for your help
I highly recommend to bring your car on the nearest dealership to check by certified technician. Because it might be software anomaly problem or cluster display failure.
Old August 26th, 2021, 1:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fix?

Did you ever find a fix? My 2019 trax is having this issue now too and the dealership had never seen it before and told me to wait until the next software update....some help they were.
The following users liked this post:
Jumpdogbark (September 2nd, 2022)
Old August 24th, 2022, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DIC display

I have been trying to get my DIC display fixed on my 2019 Trax since March 2022. The dealer ran software update. No fix. Tried 2 different parts and after 2 days still no fix. Now ordered a new part which I have been waiting about 5 weeks and part is still on back order and not sure if that will solve the issue. Why can’t any of these trained GM electricians figure why the display goes off and on and shows half screen. This is important. This is not only my Chevrolet Trax. Come on GM get with it
The following 2 users liked this post by Hmpd:
Ergonomic5173 (April 11th, 2023), Jumpdogbark (September 2nd, 2022)
Old September 2nd, 2022, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Hmpd
I have been trying to get my DIC display fixed on my 2019 Trax since March 2022. The dealer ran software update. No fix. Tried 2 different parts and after 2 days still no fix. Now ordered a new part which I have been waiting about 5 weeks and part is still on back order and not sure if that will solve the issue. Why can’t any of these trained GM electricians figure why the display goes off and on and shows half screen. This is important. This is not only my Chevrolet Trax. Come on GM get with it
Have you been able to get this fixed? My 2019 has just started doing this recently.
Old September 2nd, 2022, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Display issue

Originally Posted by Jumpdogbark
Have you been able to get this fixed? My 2019 has just started doing this recently.
Not yet. I’m still waiting for the Chevrolet dealer to get the part that they think will fix it. Still on backorder
The following users liked this post:
Jumpdogbark (September 2nd, 2022)
Old September 2nd, 2022, 11:31 PM
CF Beginner

Wow that's wild.
Old March 24th, 2023, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Display center not working

I’m having the same issues & no solution.

2019 Chevy Trax
Old July 31st, 2023, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Hmpd
Not yet. I’m still waiting for the Chevrolet dealer to get the part that they think will fix it. Still on backorder
Ok its been almost a year did the part work? I got to know!