Spark Originally known as the Beat, , this Daewoo Matiz based 5 door hatchback is newest to the Chevrolet lineup

Chevrolet Spark

Low beam/position light not working

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2018, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Low beam/position light not working

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a 2008 Spark with 0.8 engine. The car had been in an accident, but it was mostly repaired when I bought it, so I was unaware of the issues. I already went to several mechanics and electricians and everything is running fine, except I still have issues with the front and back right-hand side low beam lights (the smaller light bulb required to be always on), which I noticed only after. None of them work. I've checked the bulbs, the relays, and the fuses, and they are functioning.

At the moment I'm focusing on the front right light. The headlight has been replaced, because there is no attached plastic connector from the car wiring to the headlight wiring (like the original left one has), just plastic tubing. The high beam light works fine and has a connector.

I've measured the voltage on the three wires leading in it. The black and green wire have 0V, only the brown one has 14V (when the low lights are switched on, otherwise 0V). What I assume is that the guy who "repaired" the lights connected them wrong, but I can't figure out what.

My question are:
1. Can somebody tell me what the purpose of each wire is and their supposed voltages?
2. How are the back lights connected to the fusebox and the relays, are they related to the front low beam lights (left and right)?

Any help is much appreciated!