Suspension & Tire Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Got sleek low-pros or gnarly mudders? Step in and let's talk about 'em!

Anyone Familiar With GMC TPMS Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2017, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Familiar With GMC TPMS Sensors?

This sensor is from a 2007 GMC Acadia. My boss brought it by my house tonight asking me to change the valve stem. A kid was playing on it and when climbing on it they broke the valve stem. I didn't have one that fit this sensor, so just to get them on the road I stuck a regular valve stem in there until we could get the correct one. Upon further examination I notice that the metal piece that screws into the valve stem part appears to be broken. Is this a ground for this sensor? I've never seen another sensor that's exactly like this. I'm wondering if the whole sensor needs to be replaced since this is broken, or if it'll work fine just replacing the valve stem part of it?

I've circled where the break is:
Name:  8835f317-d690-41e2-92ca-2709307774e7_zpsfuyhuqxu.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  236.8 KB
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

no way to check it without a tpm tool and it may have to be installed and the tire filled to register.
Its 10 years old. don't waste your time with it as the internal battery is at the end of life. have a new one installed. Even if it does work, you may have to change it sometime soon.
Old May 8th, 2017, 11:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a local tire store and of part store the becoming more popular I used to have to be where you had to replace the whole thing but now they have rebuild kits