Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

"Service Park Assist" message

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2007, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Service Park Assist" message

Anybody having problems with their URPA/Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist? I had problems one-time after driving through standing water on the way home from work and it appeared to "fix" itself after a few days. Sunday, had the Tahoe detailed, which involved going through a car wash, which it has been through before lots and lots of times. Noticed on way home, "SERVICE PARK ASSIST" message on dash board and when putting into reverse, just the red light appear. Message came on every few minutes and had to hit the DIC for the message to dissappear. Sure enough, two days later, message gone, but system doesn't appear to be working as it did before.

Will take it into dealer but afraid they are just going to tell me something like this is common when a lot of water gets on them. Read old posts where someone quoted the manual about keeping debris, snow, ice, etc off the sensors. Also, truck has not been hit in the rear so just wondering if anyone else is having these problems. I know you also halve to keep it under 3 mph for it to work properly buy just seem to have problems with it intermittingly. Maybe one of those gremlin problems.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.
Old November 20th, 2007, 5:21 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "Service Park Assist" message

The driver information center (DIC) displays SERVICE PARK ASSIST when the object alarm module detects a malfunction in the object detection system and sends a request to the DIC for display of the message.
The DIC also displays SERVICE PARK ASSIST when there is a loss of communication with the object alarm module.
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: "Service Park Assist" message

The owners manual also says that you should not wash the carpets when detailing the truck. Maybe they put a little to much water on the carpets to clean them and hit a sensor?
Old January 30th, 2009, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Red face Service Park Assist

2007 Tahoe. This week my wife backed into another vehicle with absolutely min damage. The plastic bumper snapped right back into place with a gentle pop of my hand, but the "Service Park Assist" keeps coming on. There is a small rub on the bumper above one of the sensors. It sounds from looking at the postings on this thread that the communication from the sensor and the module may have been interrupted. Is this a fix I can handle myself(relatively good mechanical skills) or must it be done at the dealer? What is involved to get to the sensor?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old January 30th, 2009, 1:15 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I have not worked with the sensors....yet.
but I would inspect the backside of the bumper where the sensors are located and check for damage or a sensor popped out of place or alignment.
Old January 30th, 2009, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default Sensors

How do you get to the back side of these plastic bumpers?
Old January 30th, 2009, 4:03 PM
Administrator

The end sensors I could see on mine. But you will have to removed the rear fascia to access the inter ones. I saw a couple of screws under the truck holding the fascia on but I couldn't tell you how to remove the entire piece.
But you may be able to access them by loosing the ones from underside and see where it goes from there.
Old January 31st, 2009, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default Sensors

Thanks for the help. I looked underneath and can see the part of the end sensor(passenger side) which is the one I suspect may be damaged but will need to remove the fascia to really get to it. I found a how to remove the fascia on a separate webpage.
(http://www.performanceaccessories.co...ions/10183.pdf)
I see now what is needed to remove the fascia.

Again, thanks. I will remove the fascia and inspect the sensor/wiring.
Old January 31st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Administrator

excellent find on the PDF document, that could come in handy for any general use for removing the front or rear fascia's....
Let us know what you find and take pictures if possible of your own how to..
Old February 2nd, 2009, 9:36 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just get your wife to back into another vehicle to pop it off.....

Quick Reply: "Service Park Assist" message