Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   07 McGaughys 2/3 Dropped LTZ - Pics and Review (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/07-mcgaughys-2-3-dropped-ltz-pics-review-5662/)

biglg February 26th, 2007 9:45 PM

RE: 07 McGaughys 2/3 Dropped LTZ - Pics and Review

HAHAHA, I thought I would get some reponses from you guys. SORRY, I just cant make up my mind. As soon as I get the damn kit I always think NO I shouldnt do it. If it doesnt sell before Saturday, then it gets lowered. My appointment is Saturday morning!!! I am sorry guys, this is tough for me.

RockstarDaddy February 27th, 2007 12:42 PM

Don't be sorry Man!
I'm on the same boat.

SWRidin February 28th, 2007 8:46 PM

Seems like the McGaughy's 2/3 drop always looks a little lower in the rear than the front. Someone lowered a 07 Denali 2/3 McGaughy's and the rear looked a 1/2 inch too low.

Wow your truck is rubbing in the stock wheel/tire combo on?

I really want to drop my 07 LTZ (4x4) but my front wheels already rub when I turn too hard.

biglg February 28th, 2007 10:35 PM

sw,

That was biggmon that installed that on the denali for a friend. I talked to him. He just had to adjust a part/piece that you bend. He just had to lessen the bend and it fixed it 100%. It is no the way it should be.

freyguy March 1st, 2007 11:56 AM

Thanks for the compliments guys! I should have mentioned that I'm getting about 1mpg better with the drop too. I went from 14 to 15mpg. I just ran for a while without the rear seats and got up to 15.3mpg with a city/highway mix.[/align][/align]Yeah, I get no rubbing at all up front. Kinda weird. But yes, the rear rubbed just slightly in the back. I'm not sure, maybe the 20's are a bit wider than the other sizes out there.[/align][/align]I'm hoping nobody buys your kit Landon so I can see yours lowered too!!!! ;)[/align]

doo600 March 1st, 2007 12:34 PM

Boy I must be getting old...I don't get the whole lowering an SUV thing. I bought a 4x4 SUV to help driveability in the snow. IMO lowering it looks like a PT cruiser. I guess this must be big in the south.

SWRidin March 1st, 2007 12:48 PM

lg,
Thanks for the explanation.

frey,
Your truck looks great!

negra07 March 1st, 2007 5:05 PM

BIGLG sorry i didnt get back at you earlier about the kit but when i looked at my pm i was installing the kit. i do have one question what is the measurement you guys are getting withj the 3inch coil in the rear 35 inches? from the ground to the fender lip.

P_RsTahoe March 1st, 2007 6:25 PM

Negra07, What is your messurement all around? It storming here. As soon as it stops I will go outside and messure.

negra07 March 2nd, 2007 2:22 PM

ok i only installed the rear coils and i ma getting 35 3/4 all around.