Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   07 McGaughys 2/3 Dropped LTZ - Pics and Review (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/07-mcgaughys-2-3-dropped-ltz-pics-review-5662/)

RockstarDaddy March 2nd, 2007 2:24 PM

RE: 07 McGaughys 2/3 Dropped LTZ - Pics and Review

I have to measure mine, but I think that's what I'm getting to.

P_RsTahoe March 2nd, 2007 3:14 PM

Ok, I just messured and I got 34 5/8 all around... I know it came down from when I first installed and messured. It will take a little for it to settle..

negra07 March 2nd, 2007 4:31 PM

ok should i expect the same from mine to drop that extra inch?

P_RsTahoe March 2nd, 2007 5:13 PM

I don’t quite remember what it measured when I first lowered it. I do know that it was around 35 and that it was measuring a little higher in the front. It’s now measuring exactly the same all around. I did both measurements in my carport which seems pretty even. But I did install the spindles as well. Im not sure how it will react with just the rear coils. Why aren't you installing the spindles?

negra07 March 2nd, 2007 7:12 PM

good good question,being that iam into the custome scene and modifng suspension is my thing,i dont know why i bought the coils for the front knownig that is going to affect my negative camber and the spindle does not affect the suspension geometry it only raises the wheel, i guees i just want to try these coils that i saw on ebay,its somebrand call springtech or suspensionmax.so far the rear is working fine and the ride is good. i might just end up bagging this one also.i was just reding youre question and i missed understood you,sorry.you thought i bought the kit with the spindles.

P_RsTahoe March 2nd, 2007 7:37 PM

OK, so you did springs all around? Sorry if you have posted pics allready, but can you post some or maybe give me the link to where you posted after the drop... Thanks...

negra07 March 3rd, 2007 2:18 PM

yhea for sure i will post pics but i wanto to finish the front this weekend then ill post on monday.i hope jajaj.

BadgerHoe April 14th, 2007 11:23 PM

I just did the McG's 2/3 drop to my hoe. 07 LTZ 4wd, auto ride.
I have to aggree the instructions leave alittle bitto be desired.
Measurements before drop:
(ground to fender opening at wheelcenterline)
Front: 36" Rear: 38 1/2"
After drop:
Front: 34 3/4" Rear: 34 3/4
And your toe-in is gonna need some serious attention if you want to drive it!
I think the back is too low now, looks like ittilts back.
Ride? I kinda think it went to hell in a handbasket. Seems awful harsh now.
I think ifI jack up the air shocks it will just get worse. May look into diff rear springs.

riverst March 20th, 2009 3:57 PM

i just lowered my 4wd LtZ with the Mgy 2/3 kit and im impressed. My only complaint now is the Tration light come on when i turn in parking lots. starting to get annoying. The rear do seem lower than the front, but mine measures 35" all around. The ride is 98% like stock and the rear is a little bouncy. Nothing to much to worry about. anyone have a solution for the traction light.