Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 4th, 2015, 6:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

07 oil pressure sensor/switch location

Old January 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 oil pressure sensor/switch location

My check engine light came on and the code read a oil pressure sensor/switch. I got the part but would like to know where to locate it. and the best way to access it.
Thanks..
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Engine Mechanical - 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L and 6.2L

Service Information
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD | Avalanche, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 1698844
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine Oil Pressure Sensor and/or Switch Replacement
Tools Required
J 41712 Oil Pressure Switch Socket

Removal Procedure

Remove the intake manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold Replacement .
Disconnect the engine harness electrical connector (1) from the oil pressure sensor.

If not equipped with active fuel management perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent, remove the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).

If equipped with active fuel management perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent, remove the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).
Installation Procedure

Apply sealant to the threads of the NEW oil pressure sensor. Refer to Adhesives, Fluids, Lubricants, and Sealers .
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

If equipped with active fuel management perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent. Install the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).
Tighten
Tighten the sensor to 35 N·m (26 lb ft).

If not equipped with active fuel management, perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent. Install the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).

Connect the engine harness electrical connector (1) to the oil pressure sensor.
Tighten
Tighten the sensor to 35 N·m (26 lb ft).

Install the intake manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold Replacement .
© 2011 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
Attached Thumbnails 07 oil pressure sensor/switch location-07-oil-pres-loc.jpg  
Old January 29th, 2011, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by paintit
My check engine light came on and the code read a oil pressure sensor/switch. I got the part but would like to know where to locate it. and the best way to access it.
Thanks..
Thanks, The code read was P0523. Is that the correct fix. Im a novice to this so need a little more detail on location of sensor. Some one said the sensor was next to the oil filter. Correct? Easy fix or do I need mechanic?
Old January 29th, 2011, 7:08 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Remember that the DTC just gets you in the neighborhood of the problem. The FSM has detailed fault trees to track down the ultimate faulty part. Yours indicates an open/high resistance or a short to voltage. Now that could either be caused by a faulty sensor or a wiring fault. The FSM contains concise troubleshooting steps.

paintit: I have a complete set of the 2007 Factory Service Manuals (FSM) (like new condition) that I'll sell you for $100 plus shipping. Detailed instructions for lots of stuff.

On the old generation SBCs, the oil pressure sensor was either at the back of the block near the distributor or down on the side above the oil filter. Oh for the old days.
Old January 29th, 2011, 9:09 PM
Administrator

The above instructions state to remove the intake manifold, before I did that, I would check to see if its worth the effort to try and reach it and if its possible to do it without removing the intake, may take longer but one less can of worms...
Old January 30th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I think he needs to take a VOM and verify the three wires at the connector to ensure it's not a wiring problem.
Old January 30th, 2011, 7:35 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all input. I may try to get to sensor without touching manifold 1st. If I cant get to it, removal of manifold is beyond my scope of work.
Thanks again..
Old February 22nd, 2011, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Replaced sensor without removing manifold. Took longer and some inginuity but with a shorty ratchet it worked fantastic. Saved me big$.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 7:43 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up good job

Excellent! that is great info and thanks for taking the time to follow up on the results of your repair! That is what makes the forum work
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Oil Pressure Gauge

I was driving along the other day and my turn engine off light came on. The oil pressure gauge dropped to 0 and like others if I floor the engine then the gauge goes to 30 or so then bleeds back down to 0. I checked the oil and there is no sign of contaminants such as water or gas. The oil is full. Everyone is talking about codes but I see none. Is this something I will have to get a computer to check for? I am out of cash at this point and taking it to the dealer is going to have to wait. The question is how much damage if any I am doing to the engine. My wife has been driving it about 3 miles to work every day while I drive her car. The engine sounds fine when it is warmed up. The suburban has hard started for several year now where you here small noise when you first start it until the oil gets distributed. At least that is what the dealer told me the noise is. Let me know what you think please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 oil pressure sensor/switch location