Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 suburban electric gremlins

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2016, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 suburban electric gremlins

Started having issues with oil pressure dropping to zero randomly. So I decided to tear into to her last weekend and replace oil pickup o ring and the oil sender unit and the filter underneath it. All of that was successful. My problem while I was working on it I ran the battery down low and used the auto lift tailgate while the battery was low. Now battery is all charged up and auto lift tail gate does nothing with any of the buttons. The glass part still works though. Another issue showed up as well. The transmission indicator light quit showing up with park neutral third and first gear. All gears in tranny work perfectly. So my question is my bcm causing these issues. Are these things even related or just pure coincidence. i appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:32 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Disconnect the battery for 15-30 minutes; let things reset. I've cured some gremlins with a "reboot," just like restarting your computer when Windows starts to get a little wonky.
Old September 1st, 2016, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inhooked them for a couple hours this afternoon. Still no change.
Old September 2nd, 2016, 11:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not a mechanic, but do most of the repair work on my vehicles. So many years ago I had an electrical issue with a vehicle. I asked many mechanics I knew whom worked at dealerships. They would all tell me I need to change this, or change that. None gave the same answer. After A while, I got tired of changing out parts which did not fix the problem.

I finally got a hold one of those professional manuals which gave instruction on how to check what the problem is step-by-step. It pointed to the issue, and I got the part from a salvage yard for $30 compared to $200+ new.
Old September 2nd, 2016, 1:39 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

If you lost features and the reboot/reset didn't take care of it,it might be worth the trip to the dealership to see if the BCM needs to be reflashed. I know it's a $100 gamble, but it could save you some hair pulling out to know its not the BCM....
You are not obligated to have them fix it, just diagnose it...
It might also be worth checking to see what features need to "relearn" meaning you may need to manually open it, then use the auto close, or some variation... as for the display, that is likely out, I'd check fuses and try reseating the IP display connections.
Make sure the key is NEVER in the ignition when you disconnect the battery... leaving the key in the ignition or in an on position when disconnecting the battery can make very bad things happen.