Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Suburban LTZ starting issues. HELP

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2020, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Suburban LTZ starting issues. HELP

2007 suburban ltz aprox 90k miles starting issues. Alternator seems to be charging correctly when driving it by watching the dash gauge. New battery installed 2 days ago. I've only owned the vehicle 5 months so it was logical to start there. On a good day it starts right up beautifully. Even in the cold weather of extreme northern NY almost Canada lol. Now let it sit 12 hours and I can't even get dash lights. Nada, nothing. When using jumper cables it needs a few minutes being charged by the other vehicle before it'll start. Had the transmission replaced about 2 months ago with a used one. Park/Neutral switch is not quite right as I'm having to be very careful that it goes properly into park. My mechanic is not open right now due to COVID 19. I am not a mechanic but please give me some direction to go in. Being an average height small framed female I don't have a lot of strength to fight this vehicle with and I'm an "essential" who needs her vehicle. Having to carry a heavy booster pack with me is getting old quick. Thanks for your time.
Old April 11th, 2020, 9:20 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 167 Likes on 154 Posts

Somethings staying on in the vehicle. Make sure inside lights, brake lights, etc. are not staying on. CD stuck in player ? That's about all you can do as a non mechanical person. I would see if you can disconnect the battery when you park it. Killing the battery all the time will kill the new battery.
Old April 11th, 2020, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

auto repair is an essential service in Canada, Is it not in NY?

eric the car guy has online videos that will walk you thru locating a parasitic draw. Have a look and see if its something you want to try.

your other options are to connect a charger, or as stated, disconnect the battery when parked.

Last edited by tech2; April 11th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.