Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe amp question

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2006, 3:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe amp question

Okay, well is there any report of a problem with the radio? I don't drive my wifes Tahoe very often, however when I do, I notice hearing noticeable base on one song and not on another. If I mess with the treble, bass, mid ranges and press the talk button for talk radio and then press it again, it is like it resets the sound and I can turn the base up and hear it just fine. Maybe it is just my imagination?? We did have our radio replaced after our vacation and I was wondering if there was a service bulletin on it or something for the radio?? Thanks.
Old September 14th, 2006, 3:58 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

XM DUDE,
The Sub is located inside the front center console on all Tahoe’s with the Bose sound system (any year) back before 2003 Tahoe’s came equipped with a speaker system by Panasonic and it had an 8” subwoofer mounted on the driver side/side panel in the rear cargo area.

TXTahoe,
There isn't any bulletins dealing with that issue which radio do you have?
Old September 14th, 2006, 4:44 PM
CF Junior Member

OK that makes sense as I think it sounds pretty dam good.
Old September 14th, 2006, 4:56 PM
CF Junior Member

I have the radio/nav combo. Like I said, it might be my imagination. I will try to see if I can duplicate my problem.
Old September 14th, 2006, 5:17 PM
CF Addict

I know one feature that this radio offers is that you set the bass/mid/treble controls differently for each source (AM, FM, XM, DVD and CD), so as you scroll through those sources the settings according to where it was left the last time you were listening to that source.
Old September 14th, 2006, 5:55 PM
CF Junior Member

I will check that out. Thanks for your help.
Old September 14th, 2006, 7:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Running out to my Tahoe to check it out as well.
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:25 AM
davemec

When I try setting the audio levels for one source, it sets them that way for all sources. Is there something special you must do in order to get it to be differenct for each source?

Also, when you hit the Talk button it switches the levels to what would be good for talk stations, but then you have to manually get the levels back to where you want them, there is no way to turn the talk button off and return to the previous settings.
Old September 15th, 2006, 3:29 PM
CF Addict

Sounds as if your radio has an issue, GM and Denso are working on cures for a laundry list of problems (like this) that keep croping up.
I'll post it when GM comes out with the update that will be in the form of an AVN software disk.
Old September 15th, 2006, 4:14 PM
davemec

Thanks ZX. I was wondering why they would make such a nice radio and not spend the time writing good software for the interface, I guess they did, just with bugs.

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe amp question