Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   07 Tahoe low Voltmeter reading (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/07-tahoe-low-voltmeter-reading-2226/)

Black 5.3 August 15th, 2006 2:57 PM

07 Tahoe low Voltmeter reading

anyone else notice a low volt or is it just my truck

jasonw75 August 15th, 2006 4:39 PM

RE: 07 Tahoe low Voltmeter reading

Black check out my post regarding my battery issue.

Black 5.3 August 15th, 2006 5:33 PM

cool thks

ZX1100F1 August 15th, 2006 8:08 PM

This is normal.

Starting with the 2005 model year, light duty full size pickups and utilities, are equipped with a new Regulated Voltage Control (RVC) system. This system turns off the alternator when it is not required in order to improve fuel economy. The alternator will turn back on when additional voltage is required. This will cause the voltmeter to fluctuate between 12 and 14 volts as opposed to non-regulated systems which usually maintain a more consistent reading of 14 volts. This fluctuation with the RVC system is normal system operation.

TexasTahoe August 16th, 2006 1:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

This is normal.

Starting with the 2005 model year, light duty full size pickups and utilities, are equipped with a new Regulated Voltage Control (RVC) system. This system turns off the alternator when it is not required in order to improve fuel economy. The alternator will turn back on when additional voltage is required. This will cause the voltmeter to fluctuate between 12 and 14 volts as opposed to non-regulated systems which usually maintain a more consistent reading of 14 volts. This fluctuation with the RVC system is normal system operation.
This explains why my meter went up and down during my trip when I was paying attention. Thanks for the explaination!

Black 5.3 August 16th, 2006 2:04 PM

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

This is normal.

This is very interesting where is the RCV is it inside the alternator housing??? can it be deactivate ??? please tell me more can it be removed im asking cos i have an 05 supercharged Silverado and im loosing fuel pressure cos i get volt spikes that affect my high flow fuel pump im going nuts here trying to figure this out ..

thanks for your help...