Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe, No Brake/Stop Lights

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe, No Brake/Stop Lights

Strange problem here....the brake lights aren't working, except for the third brake light above the back window - all fuses appear ok, the bulbs are fine. Is there a separate switch for the third brake light on the pedal? I can't figure this one out..
Old October 14th, 2012, 8:48 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I think there is only one switch, however there may be more then one fuse involved... I would double check all fuses
Do you have the adjustable or non adjustable pedal ?
Old October 15th, 2012, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

in2pro, I changed the switch on the pedal today, after I read on another forum that the third light would work sometimes when the switch was bad. Still no lights, then I saw a flicker out of one of them as my wife stood on the pedal. Investigation revealed that both light sockets were faulty and there was intermittent contact. I squeezed the contacts together a little with a screwdriver and now they work. I have had this car since new and it only has 37000 miles, I know those taillight assemblies have never been apart before. I wonder if there was a recall on this?
Old October 16th, 2012, 2:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

nole76,
If there is anything you would like for us to check for you in regards to your Tahoe (recall/warranty information, working with a dealership, etc), please contact us either via private message or email (include your name and contact information, as well as the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 16th, 2012, 3:24 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

nole76 good find
you may want to consider applying a lite coating of dielectric or silicone grease to the socket/bulb base to help prevent corrosion from moisture.
Old December 7th, 2012, 8:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by nole76
in2pro, I changed the switch on the pedal today, after I read on another forum that the third light would work sometimes when the switch was bad. Still no lights, then I saw a flicker out of one of them as my wife stood on the pedal. Investigation revealed that both light sockets were faulty and there was intermittent contact. I squeezed the contacts together a little with a screwdriver and now they work. I have had this car since new and it only has 37000 miles, I know those taillight assemblies have never been apart before. I wonder if there was a recall on this?
Having the exact same issue. Curious....you squeezed the contacts with a screwdriver or a pliers? I'm just trying to envision squeezing something with a screwdriver so I'm guessing you mistyped.