Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   07 Warranty complete repaint (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/07-warranty-complete-repaint-3049/)

phoenixcorvette October 9th, 2006 7:59 PM

07 Warranty complete repaint

Our brand new 07 has puffy clouds in the Gold Mist paint, went to the dealer and they sent us to a GM paint shop where we were informed "Yep been seeing a bunch of these lately"
I am kind of afraid of a complete repaint on a new car, but the shop is telling me it will be much better than the factory..
Any thoughts?[:-]

ZX1100F1 October 9th, 2006 8:22 PM

RE: 07 Warranty complete repaint

So far this hasn't been much of an issue, normally when the paint is cloudy it is due to moisture accumulating between the plastic protective film and the paint during shipping.
Applying heat from a blow dryer or heat gun usually removes the cloudy appearance, if this is the root cause.

phoenixcorvette October 9th, 2006 8:41 PM

So is that what the paint shop will do and then act like they repainted the car???????????????????????

I think if it was moisture from shipping/protective film that our HOT Arizona sun would have addressed the issue over the past few weeks.

But i do appreciate your reply it is very logical
Regards,

ZX1100F1 October 9th, 2006 10:47 PM

Don't think that I accused anybody of being a dishonest.
First you ask me if your local dealer is a thief and then you tell me why it's impossible for them to be. hmmmm.....

Enjoy your new paint job.

phoenixcorvette October 9th, 2006 11:09 PM

I never met to question your answer in the wrong way and I totally apoligze if I offended you in any way. I am only asking for advise on a subject that I have limited knowledge.
Regards

phoenixcorvette October 11th, 2006 9:20 PM

Well GM has decided to repaint the whole car and we need to take it in tomorrow..They told us they would give us a comperable loaner....Any idea what they will give us for 2 weeks?????????????

JUNIOR October 12th, 2006 11:42 AM

i own a black tahoe 07 lt3 as well and i as well have some clouds under the paint and i can see the sand papper swirls under the black paint i showed it to my sales person and they told me to take it to service and that they more than likely send it out to get painted
but its a 48000.00 dollar suv and once they paint something its never the same i was wonderring of there is anything we could do other than haveing it painted i personaly thought they should of replaced the whole vehicle but then i went to see other tahoes on the lot and they were all the same in the same spots me and the sales person couldnt believe it so im here just waiting for a recall or something on the paint i dont know i love my tahoe that i dont even srub it to wash it i run it through a touch free carwash that come out pricy at $6. a wash and dries it very good so what do we do ?????

phoenixcorvette October 12th, 2006 3:03 PM

The shop also has a black Tahoe in for complete warranty repaint...We really do not want to have it done on our new 07,but common sense tells me to have them pay for the complete repaint now and not to fight them later...[:@]

BlackBeauty October 12th, 2006 3:22 PM

Whats the warranty on the paint?

Ive got a couple of bubbles in the paint, they are very small and come up to a point(like a hershey kiss). Im not to worried about it as its on the roof, but if it pops then I would be angry as rust would start to set in...

biglg October 12th, 2006 3:26 PM

Where are these markings on the complete vehicle repaints? I dont think I have any, however i am not sure what and where i should be looking on my tahoe.

It is white, so no worries abour swirl marks. Had black vehicles for 10 years, NO MORE. Only white, silver, or gold! Dam swirls, scratches, nicks, and dings on black paint drove me nuts. I am a perfectionist and i didnt even want to drive my black vehicles because i would just have to wash them again every time I drove it.