Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1st Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2006, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st Oil Change

I may be a little biased...but I use nothing but AMSOIL in my Tahoe and Corvette...I did a lot of research a few years ago as to what oil was best....my conclusion was AMSOIL. I am a dealer now and sell it to my friends. Everything in both my vehicles is from them....oil, oil filter, differentials and tranny. I would be careful of some of those cheap oil filters....some are so bad, they really don't do anything. AMSOIL filters are synthetic media.....so I would recommend going to their website (http://www.amsoil.com/) and checking them out...especially the extended drain info and info on their oil filters, etc.

Here is a link to the question asked on here in fact: http://www.amsoil.com/faqs/faq1.aspx

If you guys are interested in more info, just ask...I'm not gonna push anyone to buy it...but if you want to ask me something, feel free.
Old November 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM
CF Active Member

I would just stick with regular oil such as mobil or castrol. The car is too new and has hardly any miles to be going synthetic. Why mess up a good thing. After all the owners manual calls for regular oil. Let's not try to be smarter then the engineers at GM and go with something else.
Old November 28th, 2006, 2:46 AM
CF Active Member

I have already started using Mobil 1. I have used it before in my truck, so I think I will stick with this oil. Has anyone heard of TruFilter, it is a oil filter that only has to be cleaned and can be reused. Any thoughts?
Old November 28th, 2006, 2:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand your point of view? Synthetic is far superior to petroleum based oil. Too new? Some new vehicles come from the factory with Mobil 1. You need to read up on synthetic lubes.
ORIGINAL: LTZ_HOE

I would just stick with regular oil such as mobil or castrol. The car is too new and has hardly any miles to be going synthetic. Why mess up a good thing. After all the owners manual calls for regular oil. Let's not try to be smarter then the engineers at GM and go with something else.