Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 suburban cranks but won’t start.

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2018, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, yeah will start over when I get chance haven’t had chance to take a look over it properly, but whils driving it mid week a service engine message came on and hasn’t gone of so my first thing is to plug it in and check for codes, security light flashes when you unlock the vehicle and open the door and I believe it was not flashing or illuminated when I turned on the ignition but I do have a newrockies bypass module fitted. My other symptoms whilst driving this time and it’s never done it before was once I fired it up and drove of the driveway it was miss firing and popping, which cleared up after about 30-45 seconds but was very noticeable!! Got to my folks house switched it of came out 15 minutes later fired right up and drove perfect, was at work all day finished my shift light got in and it would just wind over and over so I checked what I could with a flashlight in the dark and thought it best not to kill the battery after a number of attempts at starting it, should get some time Wednesday I hope to take a look and plug it in
Old May 15th, 2023, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdog07
Hi everyone I’m looking for advice please, I have a 2001 suburban with a 5.3 vortec, auto 4wd. Vehicle was driving great until one trip it just died on me with no warning whatsoever, and now it will not start just cranks over. Took it to my brothers shop were we discovered no fuel or spark, we can get the fuel pump to run whilst jumping it from the fuel pump prime located in the fuse box so I know the pump works, and it also gets fuel up to the fuel rail....I’m pretty sure it’s the Passlock that is acting up security light flashes along with low fuel and a battery light, I’ve tried doing the key relearn with no success, and I’ve also tried a pro module from newrockies with no success either I’ve checked all the fuses and relays and not found anything there that’s blown, I’m pretty much out of ideas on this one, my only other possibility could be crank or cam sensor what do you guys think anyone had any similar problems, thanks for your time guys it’s appreciated
Do you find the solution? I'm having the same problem