Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Suburban stuff not working when it came back from body shop

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2016, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Suburban stuff not working when it came back from body shop

My Suburban had hail damage to the hood and roof, it also needed the rocker panels replaced which means the headliner had to come down and all the doors had to come off, when it came back the door lock button on the drivers door that controls all the doors didn't work, ok maybe someone didn't plug a connector in, but the 2 outlets next to the lighter don't work now and the accessory outlet on the rear of the console doesn't work, I haven't checked the accessory outlet in the way back yet. The mirror wire was missing it's cover and it would have to be pulled out farther for it to fit because it seems to be trapped under the headliner, sun visor brackets have a gap under them I can stick my little finger in, drivers side kick panel not properly installed, it interferes with the operation of the hood release on the passenger door the rubber boot for the electric harness was never installed, and the trim around the rear wheel openings was installed too low and doesn't fit the body profile, there's a gap of about 3/8". What I'm thinking is there a connector under the headliner that was not plugged in, or could it all be related to the drivers door?

Last edited by denm613; August 30th, 2017 at 11:06 AM. Reason: additional information
Old November 17th, 2016, 1:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

take it back to the bodyshop and show them each concern.
Old August 30th, 2017, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Several months later a tire had a slow leak, when my son went to get the jack, there was no jack or anything that went with it, now I've taken the drivers side sun visor down to have it recovered and there is a hole in the headliner panel with nothing in it, what goes in that hole. We bought this vehicle new and it's never been left anywhere so this was a very bad experience.
Old August 31st, 2017, 8:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

slow leak in the tire is unrelated to a hail damage repair to the roof.

Any good body shop will address any problem from improper installation or a missed connector etc. You should address this promptly.
Old September 1st, 2017, 6:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default jack missing

Originally Posted by tech2
slow leak in the tire is unrelated to a hail damage repair to the roof.

Any good body shop will address any problem from improper installation or a missed connector etc. You should address this promptly.
The hail damage was part of the reason the car was in the body shop--- the slow leak in the tire was the reason we needed the jack--- and the point was after everything else the was wrong with the Suburban now I find out they took my jack too!