Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2012, 7:09 PM
GWP
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Suburban

Hi I have been reading this site and seeing some great answers.
Hoping someone in this group could lend some suggestions to me.

We are Chevy/GMC owners and have always had Chevy's. We purchased our 7th suburban and this is the newest model we have owned. We usually stick with the older models since I can work on them myself. Purchased a used 2003 Chevrolet Suburban a couple of years ago. Things were great until this summer...the rear air started blowing hot air in the summer time-sometimes. To remedy it we would turn off the car, restart it and it would blow cold air. Now that it is cold, it is blowing cold air-all the time. Turning off the car and restarting doesn't work.
We changed the rear air module in hopes this was the problem. It didn't solve the problem. We determined the air is hot but the door that switches the air from cold to hot is not being told to open. It runs, the air blows, but it is cold. Installed new part and once you plug it in, it will blow hot air, in about 3-4 mins it changes to blowing cold air.
Any suggestions? Is there some special reset combination to this?

HELP!
Old January 28th, 2012, 9:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Consider a visit to the service department. There's probably a code stored in the auxiliary HVAC control processor module. It sounds like the air door is overshooting the target and then being commanded to the default position. There will be a trouble code.