Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Tahoe AC Blend Door Actuator Test

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2018, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Tahoe AC Blend Door Actuator Test

Quick question, I have searched, but am having a tough time finding what I need.

The drivers side was continually blowing hot air. I pulled out the lower blend door actuator for the drivers side vents so I could watch it, and adjusted the temp control from hot to cold and the actuator didn't move (rotate). So I figure it was a bad actuator.

Before picking up a new one I pulled the top cover and jumped the motor and everything worked as it should (both ways, right and left). All gears looked good.

I tested the electrical plug for actuator and the first wire has power, and the rest have no power. When I adjust the temp control hot to cold, the first wire has power but all the rest still have no power. Shouldn't I be getting power to one of the other wires to activate the actuator one way or the other when adjusting the temp control?

Not sure if it is a bad temp control or a bad blend door actuator.

Thanks for your help.
Bill