Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2007 Tahoe folding mirror quit working (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-tahoe-folding-mirror-quit-working-41967/)

ousig2408 April 22nd, 2011 11:41 AM

2007 Tahoe folding mirror quit working

I always thought these things seems wimpy and now the drivers side one barely works. it only folds in maybe 1/2 way and is VERY slow. We only use it when going into and out of the garage so not all of the time. Hopefully our extended warranty will take care of it.

in2pro April 22nd, 2011 10:26 PM

I don't have the power folding but do have to pull my drivers side mirror in when i pull into the garage, 1 or 2x a year with the mirror folded in I put a couple of spray squirts of lithium grease up into the pivot assembly and it keeps it smooth and easy to fold in... I don't know if the power folders work any differently but they could possibly be getting dry (lubrication wise) and are working against that...

QUETRANPA April 23rd, 2011 2:36 PM

well if you need a replacement I have a pair of DL3's for sale at $300 shipped
they have the white caps but if you prefer the black ones I have a pair of regular DL8's for sale also that I can swap the caps from them, just let me know!!

Chevrolet Customer Service April 26th, 2011 8:39 AM

ousig2408, are you referring to a third party warranty extension or to our GMPP?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

ousig2408 April 26th, 2011 11:14 AM

CCS - I have a 3rd party extended B2B that specifically says all electronic items so they better not give me flack.
if there was 1 thing I would "downgrade" on the Tahoe - the power mirrors. Would be so much easier to manually pull it in. oh well

in2pro April 26th, 2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ousig2408 (Post 179849)
CCS - I have a 3rd party extended B2B that specifically says all electronic items so they better not give me flack.
if there was 1 thing I would "downgrade" on the Tahoe - the power mirrors. Would be so much easier to manually pull it in. oh well

That has a down side too.... more up and down time on the window actuator...

ousig2408 April 26th, 2011 11:56 AM

good point there, does not seem like either are built to last very long

in2pro April 26th, 2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ousig2408 (Post 179854)
good point there, does not seem like either are built to last very long

From GM's prospective they last just long enough...you get it paid off, get a few months of time to save some bank, and then its time to start the parts/repair payment plan....:eek:

knock on wood, I have been pretty lucky with my 07 with 54k on it... only thing I have replaced so far is drivers side seat back adj leaver...
I have had a battery and a couple other items done but were all under warranty..