Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LTZ - Camera Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2009, 1:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LTZ - Camera Dilemma

Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with Nav/DVD but no backup camera. I have wanted to get the backup camera for some time but have received a lot of conflicting info from my local sources (I am in South-Western Ontario, Canada).

I called three local Chevy dealerships and one in Port Huron, Michigan. Three of these four dealerships said it is just not possible to add the OEM camera and one said they had a contractor who used to do it but no longer does, due to "camera focal length not working" or something like that.

I have searched this forum and have seen that folks have installed the OEM camera by themselves. Thanks to the forum, even know the part numbers. My problem is that I know that I am not capable of doing the install.

So the dilemma is that thanks to the forum, I know it's possible, but I can't seem to find someone in my area who is confident in being able to install the OEM system.

If anyone has any thoughts or leads in South-Western Ontario (I'm 2 hours from Detroit and 1 hour from Port Huron), I would really appreciate it.

I am more than willing to pay to have the OEM system properly installed by someone who is experienced, confident and knowledgable. Not too anxious to hand my cash over to folks who aren't sure if it's even possible.

Thanks in advance.