Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2013, 7:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another Cracked Customer

The point here 73Shark is RESPECT...if you would have read my post completely....the Service Dude did not treat me the way a customer should be as he DENIED even knowing about the appointment and tried to blow me off without addressing the issue! And besides all that....I am past that and over him as he does NOT make the important decisions OBVIOUSLY!! And furthermore, I am a leader, not a follower, I will do whatever I see fit to handle my business and will NOT allow anyone to treat me as if I don't count...matters not WHERE I BOUGHT THE VEHICLE IT IS A GM PRODUCT and they will address my issues. I did not ask for nor do I need your approval on what I decide to do about MY VEHICLE! YOU DO YOU....IMMA DO ME...AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU...
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Respect is a two way street, and honestly the adviser may have really not
known to expect you... no one on this forum is trying to tell you what to do, only trying to share and impart wisdom learned from others experience to help you....
Many of the dealerships are independent of GM, often the dealerships opt to cover a portion of the cost for the customers benefit because they have been loyal.
Old February 10th, 2013, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Tahoe LTZ Cracked Dash

Hello again, sorry I took so long to get back to everyone on this issue of a cracked dash in my 07 Tahoe LTZ. I've been transfered from GM rep to another. Finally I got one that told me to take the Tahoe in to my nearest dealer and let them check it out for an estmate. Well, the dealer came up with $ 1,190 to replace the whole dash cap. Then they informed me that since my Tahoe was out of warrantee I had to pay $300 as a deductable.
I said RIGHT!! You want me to pay for damage for no apparrent reason except bad material or bad workmanship. I don't think so. And U wonder why it's so many forigen vehicles driving around in the USA. This is like a brand new Tahoe with 68K on it. Anyway, that's where I'm at for now. I keep trying to see if I can get GM to pick that $300. Anyone know something in this area, let me know. Thanks, James
Old February 10th, 2013, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default Re: Another Cracked Customer

OOOOOOOH MIGHTY WISE ONES.......PLEASE BESTOW YOUR INFINITE WISDOM UPON ME....I BESEECH YOU MIGHTY WISE ONES.....I AM HUMBLE...I AM GRATEFUL....I AM GRATEFUL......kekekekekeke
Old February 10th, 2013, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 2500 hd LTZ Dash is cracked

mine 08 LTZ is dash is cracked as well. Paid a lot of money for this truck and now have to spend a lot more to fix this very very bad eyesore. Please GM you need to recall this item...there are way too many customers out there spending their hard earned money just to get screwed on the dash! THATS ALL I CAN SEE WHEN I GET IN MY TRUCK.
Old February 10th, 2013, 9:26 PM
CF Active Member

If you guys want a recall complaining here wont help. Everyone with this problem needs to complain to ( National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) I beleive. Please correct me if i'm wrong. Until enough people complain to the right people nothing will ever be done about it.
Old February 10th, 2013, 9:27 PM
CF Active Member

Just came across this. From this site Safety Recalls for Cars and Motorcycles | Nolo.com

What to Do If the Manufacturer Doesn't Comply

In the majority of safety recall cases, the manufacturer corrects the problem for free and in a timely manner. But if, for some reason, the manufacturer refuses to correct the vehicle defect -- or won't do it for free -- you should take the following steps:
  • Contact the service manager. If the dealer service department won't correct the problem, contact the manager of the department. Show the manager the notification letter, if you have one, and explain the problem.
  • Contact the manufacturer. If you can't get cooperation from the service manager, the next step is to contact the manufacturer. Describe your vehicle, the recall, and the steps you took to get it corrected at the service department.
  • Contact the NHTSA. If you are still unable to get relief, contact the NHTSA. Although you can skip the first two steps and contact NHTSA immediately, it is usually better to contact the service manager and manufacturer first -- since most problems are solved at those levels. You can contact the NHTSA by telephone at 888-327-4236 or by mail at 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, West Building, Washington, D.C. 20590. Or fill out a form at the NHTSA's interactive website at www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov.
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

Add mine to the list. Have been raised a Chevy man. Not sure I can raise my son the same after purchasing our 2007 Tahoe LTZ new. Door handles peeled. My wife sliced her finger to the point of debating on getting it sewed up. Took it to the dealer but long since out of warranty so no replacement unless we wanted to pay full price for the parts. No thank you!!!!! Sanded top of door handles so no one else would get cut. Looks like s$&t but no one else will slice their finger open. Recently noticed the dash cracking in the typical areas, over the instrument cluster and by the passenger airbag. Transmission failed and replaced on our dime. Rear differential is roaring so bad that you have to raise your voice to carry on conversations. Typical intermittent Stabilitrack,traction control . . . service lights. Now the "service suspension system" warning is on. Oil consumption is up to 2quarts every 3k miles. Found this website and registered solely for this post. I am attorney and cannot believe that there has not been a class action filed on these issues. I will do my research in the morning to find out if there has or not. My wife's truck has 215k miles on it and she loves it like a child but is embarrassed by the cosmetics and has lost faith in the reliability of the vehicle. I can understand GM claiming that transmission, rear diff is a wear issue but door handles peeling and dash cracking has little if anything to do with miles. GM step up and do the right thing!!!! I don't want to switch teams at 43 years of age.
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default cracked dashdash

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
4bz1d1a, you can directly contact Chevrolet Customer Assistance using the number that is in your owners manual or you can send me your information an I can start a case for you. I hope to hear from you soon. Also, if anyone that is having this issue that hasn't contacted my yet please do so. I would like to see that all of you get this properly looked at and hopefully taken care of.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey Jeff i have a ltz 2007 silverado and have a big crack n dash over steering wheel and on by airbag on passenger side. Can you please help me out.

Thank you,
Mike Mason
832_316_3049
Mason.mike@live.com

Last edited by mason07; March 9th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 1:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mason07
Hey Jeff i have a ltz 2007 silverado and have a big crack n dash over steering wheel and on by airbag on passenger side. Can you please help me out.

Thank you,
Mike Mason
832_316_3049
Mason.mike@live.com
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> mason07,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would be happy to look into this issue further for you. In order to proceed, please PM me the following information: your address, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????