Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2014, 10:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony V
Glad to hear they helped you out. I'm the 2nd owner of an 08 Silverado ltz and they told me there wad nothing they could do for me. Didn't offer me anything. Wonder how they pick and choose who they are going to help and who they aren't. This is my 5th and last Chevy I ever own!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

GM customer service put me in contact with my preferred dealer. Due to the mileage, "GM proper" cannot offer any direct assistance. My local dealer is going to take a look at the issue to see if there is anything they can do.

We shall see, I feel with all the publicity that GM is getting right now, GM should be stepping up instead of pawning this issue off on the dealer. My Suburban is high mileage 175K but under cover and not mis used in any fashion. 2007 LTZ btw and I have the same razor issue with the interior door handle and have replaced 3 exterior door handles.

Best
Dave
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Well this was a joke on me for sure. I was contacted by Erica that I would receive a call from Bruner Auto in Early Texas about getting my dash looked at. They called yesterday and said the typical cost is $200-$300 for a replacement dash. I figured that price is worth getting it replaced. I took two hours of vacation this morning from work and was just told at the dealership I would have to pay the full price of around $1000! I've purchased two new cars from Bruner in the last 9 years and will never again! I hope sales plummet with all the recall issues going on with GM. My next vehicle purchase WILL NOT BE a GM product!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justice247
Tony V
Glad to hear they helped you out. I'm the 2nd owner of an 08 Silverado ltz and they told me there wad nothing they could do for me. Didn't offer me anything. Wonder how they pick and choose who they are going to help and who they aren't. This is my 5th and last Chevy I ever own!
Tony, GM and the dealerships do not care about the customers, it's all about making money. They let faulty ignitions kill their customers why would they care about our dashboards having cracks?!

Last edited by KevinTx; April 2nd, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justice247
Tony V
Thanks. I wonder the same thing. I guess it depends who you talk to and how they feel that day at dealership and chevy customer service.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by KevinTx
Well this was a joke on me for sure. I was contacted by Erica that I would receive a call from Bruner Auto in Early Texas about getting my dash looked at. They called yesterday and said the typical cost is $200-$300 for a replacement dash. I figured that price is worth getting it replaced. I took two hours of vacation this morning from work and was just told at the dealership I would have to pay the full price of around $1000! I've purchased two new cars from Bruner in the last 9 years and will never again! I hope sales plummet with all the recall issues going on with GM. My next vehicle purchase WILL NOT BE a GM product!
Is that what the dealership or Chevy customer service said?? That sucks they was not able to help.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by droberf16
My Suburban is high mileage 175K but under cover and not mis used in any fashion. 2007 LTZ btw and I have the same razor issue with the interior door handle and have replaced 3 exterior door handles.
My LTZ only had ~55,000 miles when I first noticed cracking.

It's not a wear/usage issue, as some GM dealers/reps are suggesting, it's just a design defect/environmental issue.
Old April 5th, 2014, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Erica,
Thanks for all of your support with all of the dash problems!! You sound like the right person to help with getting this dash issue resolved

I have a 2008 GMC sierra 2500HD with 93K miles on it. I have a crack in the dash board above the cluster to the left and one in the corner of the dash airbag.

Please advise me on how to get this repaired. I'm a through and through GM guy!! Just hate starring at this every time i'm driving my 40 thousand dollar truck.

Thanks in advance!!
Ryan
Old April 6th, 2014, 3:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks for the help

My 2011 Tahoe PPV 40k miles has been repaired, the dealership and customer service worked together to get this resolved for me. I paid the deductible of 200 dollars and waited for 6 hours.... done deal. Thanks customer service for your assistance with this!

The dealership also advised that in south texas with the high heat and low temperature fluctuation it could have been environmental.
Old April 7th, 2014, 5:43 PM
shs
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Dorian Davis
The dealership also advised that in south texas with the high heat and low temperature fluctuation it could have been environmental.
They told me it was from Amor-All. I noticed my crack when it hit 10 degrees here in Baltimore. We had a cold winter here (colder than normal).

After all the issues I've had with the 2011 LTZ I bought at the end of this February, I'm totally disgusted with GM. I've had my 2011 parked in my own drive for maybe 14 days. Its been sitting in a service bay all the other days. Guess where it is now?

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????