Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2016, 2:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 LTZ cracked dash

Originally Posted by rtalley@nevada.k12.mo.us
Good morning this is my second product that the dash cracked in the first was a 10 Yukon slt. This time it's an 07 suburban ltz. Has there been a recall on these yet as obviously a design flaw with no support they've both cracked in the same spot. The 10 Yukon was fixed for 100. Is there anything that can be done with these things.
Jweimer1996@gmail.com Is contact info. Would love to hear that you're not going to do anything about my dash
Old January 21st, 2016, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

i know the headache. i have a 2007 LT and a 2011 LTZ. the 2007 was replaced by the dealer at about 80K miles and is cracked again at 154K and they arent willing to talk. the 2011 cracked at about 70K and they did nothing. wound up buying a dash and doi g it myself. once you open the dash the problem is painfully obvious. A huge expanse od poorly reinforced plastic that takes all the vibration the vehicle can hand it. a thicker rib in the plastic or a metal standoff would have fixed it. like most of you, in addition to the headache of poor design the bigger jssue is the non-action by Chevrolet to make it right. these vehicles are not cheap but the customer service is the reason customers leave a brand.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 5:45 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Tahoe with probably way worse cracks than any I have heard on here so far. My dash is literally nearly in two separate pieces. I sat back reading all these posts over several months thinking Chevrolet would eventually fixing these or recall. I only just got 94k miles on my 07' yet noticed the cracks after finding this thread when I had 80k on it. Who knows when it actually started. Mine is split in two places all the way across. One is across the dome behind the steering wheel all the way to the front windshield. The 2nd is across the left side of the airbag. This is dangerous. I was actually looking at buying a 2016 Tahoe but I can't find myself willing to give money to someone so unwilling to stand by us like this. #disappointed #pissedOFFchevyOwner
Old January 26th, 2016, 7:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rtalley@nevada.k12.mo.us
Good morning this is my second product that the dash cracked in the first was a 10 Yukon slt. This time it's an 07 suburban ltz. Has there been a recall on these yet as obviously a design flaw with no support they've both cracked in the same spot. The 10 Yukon was fixed for 100. Is there anything that can be done with these things.
Hi there,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concern with your vehicle's dash. We can understand how frustrating this may seem, and we would be happy to assist in the best way possible. Have you brought this to the dealership's attention? They will be in the best position to give you the resolution and repair you need. If you need the additional assistance, we would be happy to reach out to them on your behalf.

Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 28th, 2016, 7:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi there,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concern with your vehicle's dash...

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

WHAT?!@

Did you just say "unexpected concern" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Patsy G, I dont know if you are new here or what, but there are 132 pages of this thread with 1,312 posts ! If you cared to read ANY of this, you would see we are all having the E-X-A-C-T same problem.

This is like saying when the sun rises in the morning, it unexpectedly gets light.

Jeez.

GM reps, you are FAR better just not replying to this slow motion train wreck and hoping somehow the internet is unplugged. You are alienating your highest paying customers.

If you have 1 ounce of sense, you would fwd this thread URL to anyone at GM who can actually make intelligent decisions and URGE them to read some of this.

I still cannot believe this is going on, and do not expect us to ever buy a GM product until this is resolved.
Old January 29th, 2016, 5:32 AM
CF Beginner

That's an unbelievable response from customer service of a $45bn company to customers that pay $60k plus for their vehicles. It's comical and almost downright rude

Did you just say "unexpected concern" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Patsy G, I dont know if you are new here or what, but there are 132 pages of this thread with 1,312 posts ! If you cared to read ANY of this, you would see we are all having the E-X-A-C-T same problem.

This is like saying when the sun rises in the morning, it unexpectedly gets light.

Jeez.

GM reps, you are FAR better just not replying to this slow motion train wreck and hoping somehow the internet is unplugged. You are alienating your highest paying customers.

If you have 1 ounce of sense, you would fwd this thread URL to anyone at GM who can actually make intelligent decisions and URGE them to read some of this.

I still cannot believe this is going on, and do not expect us to ever buy a GM product until this is resolved.[/QUOTE]
Old January 29th, 2016, 7:55 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

From a prospective point of view, Chevrolet Customer Services reference of "unexpected concern" was likely being stated as from the customer's point of view not GM's or CCS's . I know, it's semantics
CCS has been able to help out many a forum member with other issues, GM at least puts these folks in the forums to hear what its customers are saying... CCS are just working folk, not the decision makers at GM.
Do open a case with CCS, also write GM a letter expressing your concerns and dissatisfaction.

I don't believe its been proven to be a safety issue yet ( cracked dashes) but you can file with the NHTSA here about the cracked dash https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Old January 29th, 2016, 12:56 PM
LJW
CF Beginner

Mr. Morris,
I have a 2008 Tahoe Ltz that has a cracked dash as well. After reading this forum & seeing your offer to discuss, I wanted to see what your thoughts are in regards to getting this fixed. My car is also garage kept & use a sunshade. Please let me know if any help is available.
Thank you,
Laura

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
All of those having these problems I would like to speak with each of your separately if I could. I will try to PM all of you but if I don't get to you by tomorrow please message me here or you can e-mail me using the e-mail associated with this account. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service.
Old January 30th, 2016, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bushler
that's an unbelievable response from customer service of a $45bn company to customers that pay $60k plus for their vehicles. It's comical and almost downright rude

did you just say "unexpected concern" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Patsy g, i dont know if you are new here or what, but there are 132 pages of this thread with 1,312 posts ! If you cared to read any of this, you would see we are all having the e-x-a-c-t same problem.

Jeez.

Gm reps, you are far better just not replying to this slow motion train wreck and hoping somehow the internet is unplugged. You are alienating your highest paying customers.

If you have 1 ounce of sense, you would fwd this thread url to anyone at gm who can actually make intelligent decisions and urge them to read some of this.

I still cannot believe this is going on, and do not expect us to ever buy a gm product until this is resolved.
[/quote]
Old January 30th, 2016, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

[/QUOTE]Sooner or later you will realize GM/CCS/Chevy doesn't care. Two of the biggest issues oil consumption and cracked dash. Even if they put out $5000 per complaint for both issues but retained 75% of their customers they would come out way ahead. When both my issues started I advised Chevy and told them I would be in the market for 2-3 cars in then next few years. Do the math. Best way to beat this is to buy another brand. I have since bought my daughter a Honda Accord, could of been a Chevy Cruze or similar and bought my wife a Toyota Rav 4 could of been a small GM sub. How much money did GM loose versus putting out $5000 and keeping a happy customer. Besides those two issues I love my Suburban, but will not buy a GM product until they do something. It cost me $5000 to replace my engine because of the oil consumption that led to lifter collapsing and so on. Didn't ask for help on that just asked to fix my dash because now I was pissed. But would of stayed loyal if they would of fixed dash. Amazing the arrogance of GM. $300 could of kept a loyal customer. Bigger shame is now that we are driving other brands it gives us a chance to see how great Toyotas and Hondas are. My dash is still cracked GM. I again will be in the market for 2 cars within the next few years. My son will be driving in 2 years and my suburban has 224000 miles on it with 75000 of that on new Jasper engine. Imagine this, my Jasper engine doesn't but a lick of oil compared to a quart every 1000 miles which you said was ok. Really. Wake up GM , you have smart customers who pay a lot of money for their cars.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????