Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2007 Tahoe LTZ outside mirror problem (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-tahoe-ltz-outside-mirror-problem-58370/)

TimmyD May 23rd, 2013 12:00 PM

2007 Tahoe LTZ outside mirror problem

I replaced the right outside mirror on my 2007 Tahoe LTZ with a new factory OEM mirror about 6 months ago. It functioned perfectly until recently when the mirror did not move down correctly when the truck is put in Reverse. When I put the truck in reverse the mirror moves completely down and to the right. When I put the truck in Drive the mirror does not return to the preset position (it stays down). The mirror has no problem moving with full motion when I adjust it manually. The mirror is heated with a turn signal, puddle light and is power folding.
The drivers side mirror operates correctly every time.

Any ideas how I can fix it?

73shark May 23rd, 2013 8:48 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure but it might require dealer programming.

Joe In NY May 23rd, 2013 10:13 PM

hmmmm. I forgot about this feature. I tried it and never liked how chevy had it operate. But it sounds like a firmware issue. Why did you have to replace it?

TimmyD May 24th, 2013 11:27 AM

Mirror Issue

Thank you for your response. I was afraid it might be a software/programming issue but it makes sense. Today I reset everything to factory default settings. Maybe that will fix things. If not, I'm calling the dealer. I have a narrow driveway so I need the tilting mirrors to make it easier to back in.
I replaced the mirror because my wife whacked the side of the garage with it and made a mess of it. The most difficult part of replacing the mirror was removing the door panel without damaging it. I found a very good video showing how to replace it.

Thanks for your help!

babygirl1dst2000 September 6th, 2013 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by TimmyD (Post 248777)
I replaced the right outside mirror on my 2007 Tahoe LTZ with a new factory OEM mirror about 6 months ago. It functioned perfectly until recently when the mirror did not move down correctly when the truck is put in Reverse. When I put the truck in reverse the mirror moves completely down and to the right. When I put the truck in Drive the mirror does not return to the preset position (it stays down). The mirror has no problem moving with full motion when I adjust it manually. The mirror is heated with a turn signal, puddle light and is power folding.
The drivers side mirror operates correctly every time.

Any ideas how I can fix it?

I just replaced my side mirror and am having the same issue. I did a factory reset and got the same issue. Was it a programming issue? I'm interested to know before I give the dealer $150. thanks!

73shark September 6th, 2013 2:11 PM

Welcome to the forum.

You might try reprogramming the tilt down in Reverse feature.

babygirl1dst2000 September 7th, 2013 9:24 AM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 256284)
Welcome to the forum.

You might try reprogramming the tilt down in Reverse feature.

Thank you for replying. I tried that before doing a factory restore. Still having the same issue. My next thing would be to open the door panel again and reconnect to see if that would solve the problem. I was just trying to avoid doing that and going to the dealer for a re-program. :(

babygirl1dst2000 September 10th, 2013 2:25 PM

Completely at a loss now. Just came from the dealer and they can't figure it out either. :confused: Any ideas would be greatly appreciated at this point. I'm going to try unplugging the mirror and plugging it back in again to see if that will work.

in2pro September 10th, 2013 2:59 PM

Could also try disconnecting the battery for several minutes if you have not already...

TimmyD September 24th, 2013 7:10 PM

When I reset everything to factory defaults, it acted up a few times but I have not had any problems with it in several months.