Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Suburban exterior light problem

Old December 15th, 2017, 8:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2008 Suburban exterior light problem

For about 3 months ( on and off) I have had a problem with my driver side tail light, turn signal, and reverse light not working. I have checked for power at the weather pack connector and it is clean as a whistle but has no power to it. The brake lights work. The normal condition of the turn signal indicator blinks twice as fast as it should. The front turn signals and the ones in the side view mirrors work. I suspect that there is a problem with the Body Control Module yet there is no loose or corroded wires in the connectors that snap into the BCM.

Today I experienced an added problem and another lighting issue. This time to go with the above, the low beams on the Suburban stay on beyond the normal amount of time after turning off the vehicle, the brake lights come on sporadically, and the high beams will not come on when I use the switch. Although, the high beams will come on when used for passing and a quick flash. I have checked all the fuses and relays with all of them being in working condition. Is there anyone else who reads these threads that has experienced the same symptoms my Suburban is displaying. It wasn't such a problem with the driver side tail light, back up light, and turn signal not working. But, now I have to worry about a dead battery due to the headlights staying on. I did change the light switch about a month ago because the back light that allows drivers to see it in the dark was burnt out. But, nothing changed after making the swap. If anyone has run into such a problem, what did you do to remedy the problem. I still thinking my problem rest with the BCM.

Search this Thread