Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2008 Suburban Vibration at 65 MPH (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2008-suburban-vibration-65-mph-66854/)

UNDERSCORE July 24th, 2014 2:02 PM

I was just going to ask if those tires had 52k miles.

mbilak July 25th, 2014 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by UNDERSCORE (Post 281200)
I was just going to ask if those tires had 52k miles.

My tires do not have 52 k on them. I have about 15k. I have an appt on mon to have the shop look at it. It's really loud now. They should not have a problem hearing the vibration.

trainwreck91 July 25th, 2014 9:48 PM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 281182)
What did he say was wrong w/ your tires?

he said there was uneven wear on them, i have about 7/32 left on them. they are goodyear eagle ls2, i can't see the wear too well but he pointed out the middle tread an the tire and said it was wavy, i kinda felt it, but was a little skeptical. he said it was due to bad shocks but he could see that the shocks were new. he said he could beat any tire shops price so i tested him, the bridgestone duelers alenzas that i was gonna go with, he quoted me at $670 out the door but didn't mention that it didn't include tax. i was gonna go with it. then he mentioned the tax and it went to $740, so i said no deal. then i started thinking:eek:...and more thinking:rolleyes:...since i lifted the rear and ran it with the tires in the air, and it made the whirring sound then why would it be the tires? and i rotated back to front, and got the same results noise/vibration??? and changed the u joints in the rear drive shaft, AND changed the rear wheel/axle bearings??? and still no change...it has to be something either in my rotors/brakes (which i doubt) or something in the differential is bad...now when i changed the bearings i pulled the axles, hence cracking open the diff, the ring and pinion looked just fine. i really think a bearing went in the diff...but was told they rarely go. i'm really at a loss and losing sleep over the issue. the thing that bothers me the most is i can't figure it out and i don't trust mechanics who just wanna sell me bullish/t. i think I'm gonna look for a rear end to swap out and see if it goes away. oh by the way when the rear was in the air, i got under it and listened and it sounds like the diff!

mbilak July 28th, 2014 9:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 281001)
Hi mbilak,

I’m sorry to hear that you experience a vibration while driving your Suburban. I will be happy to look further into this concern for you. Please provide your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name via private message if any extra help is needed. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

How can I get a private message to you ?

mbilak July 28th, 2014 5:28 PM

Just got back from dealer. " we rebalanced your tires but the noise is still there". They recommend new tires. I know how a tire out of balance feels or bent rim this is not that. When you piece your first car together from the junkyard, you get the feel for odd noises, let alone I drove that cross country in that twice.

Chevrolet Customer Service July 29th, 2014 8:10 AM

Hi mbilak,

Please click on our username "Chevrolet Customer Service" and there is an option to send us a private message. We look forward to assisting.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by mbilak (Post 281478)
How can I get a private message to you ?