Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working

Today the front blowers on my 2008 Tahoe LTZ stopped working. A couple of days ago, the driver side blew HOT air while the passanger and rear was ice cold. When I turned it off and back on, everything seemed to be working fine again. But tonight, it is not blowing anything--hot or cold on either the passagner or driver side. The rear AC works fine. The controls appear to be working, but the front blowers will not turn on reguardless of the temperature or fan speed. I tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting. That didn't fix it. Just wondering what I should try next. Any suggestions?
Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look on U tube for vids.

I suspect you have 2 issues, the calibration of the system with regard to temps, and the other being the RESISTOR unit associated with the blower fan. Mine has started to fail on my 04. It stopped one day and to my amazement working the next. Etc. But more and more now. Essentially the resistor is the part that causes the fan to run at different speeds and thus by resisting different amounts of electrical flow to effect the end speed of the fan. The resistor units are apparently overheating and there may even be a recall that the dealer will pay. I say a thread here at this site tonight. I have attached a word doc I made from the info.. Its here somewhere but oddly the seach just doesnt seem to pull bulletins well. I will address my thoughts on that in a thread shortly.

If there is not dealer assistance then:

(NOTE: The resistor assemblies are very expensive for a good one. There is also apparently a way to repair the resistor unit its self. A proceedure where you replace a small 2$ THERMOFUSE TYPE PART just be sure and cold solder or crimp as heat will damage it when you install. I have not tried yet.) You may also find the connector melted as a result on the issue so get ready to do some wiring potentially.

So speaking of, and regarding a/c cablibration with operating temps. I will see if you tube has any reset operations on video.

IGNORE WHATEVER TITLE I HAVE USED FOR THE ATTACHED PDF the name is for my personal use only.

Originally Posted by BNE40
Today the front blowers on my 2008 Tahoe LTZ stopped working. A couple of days ago, the driver side blew HOT air while the passanger and rear was ice cold. When I turned it off and back on, everything seemed to be working fine again. But tonight, it is not blowing anything--hot or cold on either the passagner or driver side. The rear AC works fine. The controls appear to be working, but the front blowers will not turn on reguardless of the temperature or fan speed. I tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting. That didn't fix it. Just wondering what I should try next. Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Chevy SPECIAL COVERAGE.pdf (5.7 KB, 3933 views)
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here it is. And the only reason I found it again was I had not closed the page.. note I think I found on a google search and not a site internal search. Go figure.. We wouldnt want them to come up all in one place now would we...

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...esistor-44429/

And keep in mind that poor/cheap resistor replacements are most likely going to fail again, as there is probably and underlying condition of the fan failing too. If the fan bearings or bad, or there is too much air flow resistance due to a clogged internal cabin air filter, etc.. etc.. It will surely cause the operation of the fan to draw more amps thus leading to the over heat of the connection and resistor assembly. But AGAIN, no one seems to want to tell us this. They would apparently prefer that you just buy cheap resistors, and as many as ten of em, before you replace or service the blower unit or filter.. LOL Sometimes - A DEAL IS NEVER A DEAL.. Unfortunately..

Last edited by bbc3; September 3rd, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 8:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Good morning BNE40,

Have you had any success in addressing the concern you've been having with the blower on your Tahoe since your last post? If we can check into warranty or recall information for you, please provide the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Old November 13th, 2012, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

I too am having the same problem. Front blower went out this morning, while the rear blower still works.

I went to Chevy.com and searched recalls with my VIN number, but the bulletin referenced above (11046) was not listed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by will5317
I too am having the same problem. Front blower went out this morning, while the rear blower still works.

I went to Chevy.com and searched recalls with my VIN number, but the bulletin referenced above (11046) was not listed.

Any help would be appreciated.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> will5317,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Would you please provide the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may proceed?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 16th, 2012, 9:09 AM
CF Beginner

4rz89261
Old July 1st, 2014, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

i am having the same issue with my 2008 chevy Tahoe, no heat or air in the front but rear air and heat work fine, would you be able to tell me if there is a recall on this issue?
Old July 1st, 2014, 3:19 PM
Official GM Rep

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern! If you could provide your VIN through a private message, we would be happy to check for any open recalls on your vehicle. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by lee@hghgatekitchens.com
i am having the same issue with my 2008 chevy Tahoe, no heat or air in the front but rear air and heat work fine, would you be able to tell me if there is a recall on this issue?
Old July 2nd, 2014, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

would you be able to tell me how to private message you back

Quick Reply: 2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working