Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe LTZ

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2016, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe LTZ

It is so frustrating when you go on a 14 hour road trip and while on said road trip you discover your cruise control doesn't work. We took our vehicle into our local Chevy dealership to have the front rotors and break pads replaced and what do you know.. We leave and low and behold we find out something else needs to be repaired.. I swear they do this on purpose.. Anywho.. sorry for the soapbox.. after doing some research it seems that it is break light switch.. is this a common thing??? The cruise control light comes on, on the steering wheel but not on the dash... any help would be appreciated!
Old September 2nd, 2016, 12:05 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the break light switch activates the disconnect on the cruise. it either needs adjusted or replaced. I vote it needs adjusted. As for brakes etc. I do those at home and it is cheap for me to DIY.I have a 2008 3LT, Yeah those little thing are a minor pain but once fixed it should be a nice ride.

give us a description of your car options miles color etc. It maybe a good thing to run your vin and see what options you actually have and then look up common issues so you are prepared for them
Old September 2nd, 2016, 7:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

...what does getting pads and rotors installed have to do with a sticky brake switch? Its a stretch. Somehow its the tech's fault? Other than applying the brake pedal on the test drive; there is no reason to be near that switch.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 9:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that brake or stoplamp switch isn't adjustable and yes its a pretty common issue but it could be other things.