Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2009 Tahoe - Driver's Heated Seat (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2009-tahoe-drivers-heated-seat-39109/)

SabrToothSqrl January 11th, 2011 7:28 AM

2009 Tahoe - Driver's Heated Seat

On my way to work today I noticed my ass wasn't being burned by the Level 3 setting on the heated seat.

I felt around the seat, and it was not being heated...

I stopped the truck and turned off the key, opened door, restarted.

The passenger one heats up, the driver's does not.

I can't find a fuse in the manual for 'heated' seat, only 'cooled' seat.

I'm under warrenty, but this thing's been back to the dealer at least (i'm not kidding) 20 times for various crap...

Suggestions? I'll call the dealer today as well...

Side note: does "DL3 MIRROR O/S LH & RH, REMOTE CONTROL, ELECTRIC, HEATED POWER FOLDING, TURN SIG IND, LT SENSITIVE, COLOR ELEC HEATED O/S MIR(DL3)
"

mean I have heated mirrors? ie I can go to the car wash and have the water NOT freeze on my side mirrors?

thanks.

JimJ January 11th, 2011 10:22 AM

I believe the heated mirrors work in conjuction with the rear window defroster.

in2pro January 11th, 2011 12:12 PM

I concur DL3 is heated mirrors

SabrToothSqrl January 11th, 2011 2:51 PM

yehp

dealer looks at Thursday... i just hit the remote start, i will see if it's warm when i leave work...

ok, i wish they would put like little heat symbols on the mirrors or something....

in2pro January 11th, 2011 4:17 PM

Might check under the seat for any push button circuit breakers, maybe reseat the electrical connection....

SabrToothSqrl January 13th, 2011 7:15 AM

seat

the seats cooled function is not working either.

Is the fuse for cooling AND heated the same fuse?

it's at the dealer now.

SabrToothSqrl January 13th, 2011 1:26 PM

Dealer Says!

Dealer says after 2 hours of work it's the seat control module, and it's on order.

I HATE GM, if I wasn't to lose so much $ i'd sell this POS today.

But, luckily for them i'm sick today; so it will wait until Wednesday for me to call GM and demand a longer warrenty for the poorly built, crappy Tahoe I was sold :(.

It's been to the dealer now over 18 times (that I have records of).

My Jeep would go through 4' of water / mud, over rocks the size of a civic, all day, and has NEVER gone to the dealer for a single issue...

I baby the hell out of my Tahoe and still it falls apart! Can I sue GM over such a terrible product?

My wife's tribute with 40,000 on it we bought for 13k is better built, has NO rattles over bumps, has been to the dealer ONCE for the A/C button not working...

It's gonna be a long 8 years... (have to own it 10 before I can justify driving it off a cliff).

ousig2408 January 13th, 2011 2:08 PM

wow, sometimes I think you complain a lot but 18 times for an 09 is WAYYYY too many times. I would be just as annoyed as you are if I were in your shoes. From the dealer records our Tahoe was there a lot also from the 1st owner, only a couple times since we have had it luckily. I am surprised they had to order such a small part?

in2pro January 13th, 2011 3:40 PM

Originally Posted by ousig2408 (Post 169335)
I am surprised they had to order such a small part?

It may not be a common failure part so its not kept in every parts department of every dealership but in a local warehouse or distribution center, its a cost control strategy...

73shark January 13th, 2011 9:46 PM

Did you qualify for the lemon law in your state?