Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2009, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Just learned that the 6.2 engine will not be available and heard rumor that only AWD, not 4WD will be available.

Should know more in a week.

Update: The regular 4WD will still be available as an option but the standard 4WD will no longer come w/ 4LO.

Did you ever confirm that the 6.2L won't be offered in the 2010 model? I can't decide if I should get an '09 6.2L or another Z71...
Old September 28th, 2009, 6:48 PM
CF Active Member

Default Deletions/New Features for 2010

Have you all seen this yet? Click on 'New for 2010' in the upper left of the screen. Looks like some new color additions (and deletions). Also as stated previously there is a USB port on all radios...

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...ID=8786&type=0
Old September 28th, 2009, 8:48 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Good find. I checked there a month ago and hadn't updated to 2010 yet.

I saw somewhere that there was going to be variable valve timing on the 5.3.

Wonder why the aluminum block isn't available on the 4WD? Too weak?
Old September 29th, 2009, 8:20 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by FloridaTahoeZ71
Did you ever confirm that the 6.2L won't be offered in the 2010 model? I can't decide if I should get an '09 6.2L or another Z71...

Definitely no 6.2. I was holding out to order one because there were no more in grey, but settled for black because that option is long gone. A Denali or Escalade is the only way to get one now.
Old September 29th, 2009, 8:29 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nav

When will the 2010s hit the lot?

I have an 09 where the voice commands for destinations have never worked since NEW!

I hope to test a 2010 one and, if it works, yell and scream until they swap mine for a working one, because apparently (According to them) all the 09s they have do it... (by which I mean don't work)...

is it too much to ask they fix my 09?!

I need to have my friend who own's a sign company make me a big sign for the back glass on my tahoe "GM SOLD ME A CAR THEY CAN'T FIX"
Old September 29th, 2009, 8:36 AM
CF Active Member

I'll try that in mine. I honestly havent tried to use that yet. The Nav traffic is a very cool update from my '07 LTZ. Is the problem that it won't take voice destinations from your address book voice tags?
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:05 AM
CF Active Member

Dammit!! You're right, mine doesn't work either. It says there are no voice tags stored (there are) and if you follow the instructions for adding one, it asks for a phone number!! I've already sent a e-mail to GM (good luck). It's obviously software they screwed up when they added Bluetooth.
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:31 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default short

I will keep it short as I've complained about this issue for so long my fingers / head hurt.

The voice commands for dialing a # via bluetooth work fine.
The voice commands for changing the station / source work fine.

The voice commands for going to a navigation destination have never worked since new.

It has been back to the dealer 10+ times, I have been on the phone w/GM with no resolve in 6+ months... I am running out of options here... which is why I hope they fixed it on the 2010 and I can just bitch loud enough to get it fixed. Normally I would never complain until 'I got something free' so let's clear that up. This is a function of the 09 tahoe in 100% factory form that does not work and they can not fix!

I have stored a voice command for my house under "My House" because "Home" is according to the system "too short".

I say 'Navigation Go To My House" and it will work 1% of the time. But that 1% it will ALWAYS work UNTIL I shut off the engine, get out of the truck and get back in it. Then it will 100% of the time reply to my command 'navigation help' at which point I want to pull out a 12 guage and shoot the god damn dash!

I bet 95% of owners don't use these high tech features; but I do. They should work. GM is years behind the ford sync. I seriously considered a F-150 BECAUSE of the ford sync... I'm sure at 26 I am not the target demographic for a tahoe, but please GM is as old school as an 8-track! (I've never seen an 8 track player in person).

All I want is a fix. and I hope to get one out of a 2010 model. The dealer shouldn't care, they just call in the warrenty to GM, and GM shouldn't care because it's MY TAX MONEY that bailed their dumbasses out!
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I will keep it short as I've complained about this issue for so long my fingers / head hurt.

The voice commands for dialing a # via bluetooth work fine.
The voice commands for changing the station / source work fine.

The voice commands for going to a navigation destination have never worked since new.

It has been back to the dealer 10+ times, I have been on the phone w/GM with no resolve in 6+ months... I am running out of options here... which is why I hope they fixed it on the 2010 and I can just bitch loud enough to get it fixed. Normally I would never complain until 'I got something free' so let's clear that up. This is a function of the 09 tahoe in 100% factory form that does not work and they can not fix!

I have stored a voice command for my house under "My House" because "Home" is according to the system "too short".

I say 'Navigation Go To My House" and it will work 1% of the time. But that 1% it will ALWAYS work UNTIL I shut off the engine, get out of the truck and get back in it. Then it will 100% of the time reply to my command 'navigation help' at which point I want to pull out a 12 guage and shoot the god damn dash!

I bet 95% of owners don't use these high tech features; but I do. They should work. GM is years behind the ford sync. I seriously considered a F-150 BECAUSE of the ford sync... I'm sure at 26 I am not the target demographic for a tahoe, but please GM is as old school as an 8-track! (I've never seen an 8 track player in person).

All I want is a fix. and I hope to get one out of a 2010 model. The dealer shouldn't care, they just call in the warrenty to GM, and GM shouldn't care because it's MY TAX MONEY that bailed their dumbasses out!
For what its worth... add me to the list... "Navigation Help" is all I get and for any "go to" command... its a joke, I agree.
Old September 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
CF Active Member

Well, right now it's not a huge deal because I can obviously use on star to get them to download the address while I'm driving (I hope THAT works), but I don't necessarily want to pay to keep that once my year is up. The Ford sync has it's problems too (think Microsoft), but this should be fixable! If they can't fix it, then I agree, they need to upgrade us to the 2010 Nav, or at least buy us all a lockpick so we can fat finger in the address while driving. No way in hell I'm going to pull over in So. Cal. freeway traffic or exit in an area I don't know to punch it in the screen manually. Come on GM, we know you monitor boards like this, what's the deal here? I got out of a Mercedes into this Tahoe, and the crappy Nav in the Benz was one of the reasons. This feature works in my '07!!!

Quick Reply: 2010 tahoe