Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 Tahoe LT Navigation install

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2011, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Tahoe LT Navigation install

Need help getting a navigation programmed at dealer to work on my tahoe. Tahoe has rse and xm. Navigation is Part # 25797978. Tech at dealer has never programmed one at dealer.
Old February 11th, 2011, 7:47 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Best bet is to try to find a dealer who has done it before. Did you check the "sticky" on nav install in this section?
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum. Best bet is to try to find a dealer who has done it before. Did you check the "sticky" on nav install in this section?
I did a search and read all of the threads that were remotely close to what I need but could not find it. Where are the sticky's?
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Stickys are the ones at the top and are labeled as such: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Old February 15th, 2011, 9:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by lex2213
Need help getting a navigation programmed at dealer to work on my tahoe. Tahoe has rse and xm. Navigation is Part # 25797978. Tech at dealer has never programmed one at dealer.
IF they are telling you they've never done it, take it somewhere else. No need to be a guinne pig. It's a relativily easy procedure but if they don't know how to do it, take it to someone who does. Any GM dealership will work, call ahead.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 3:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would agree with the suggestions here. If one dealership can't do it or hasn't done it before then another dealership would be your best bet on getting this done for you. If you have any more question or need any more information feel free to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old February 22nd, 2011, 5:37 PM
CF Active Member

don't be worry. Go there and tell him to call GM tech support. There is step by step guide. They can't do anything wrong.
I believe, that i posted whole guide somewhere here already

My dealer was also newbies in radio programing and i told him to call GM tech support and after 45 min he came back to me with smile on his face and working radio in my burb
Old February 23rd, 2011, 7:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by vrso2
don't be worry. Go there and tell him to call GM tech support. There is step by step guide. They can't do anything wrong.
I believe, that i posted whole guide somewhere here already

My dealer was also newbies in radio programing and i told him to call GM tech support and after 45 min he came back to me with smile on his face and working radio in my burb

Yes, but they usually communcate the part numbers to each other. so if you're putting one from an '09 Silverado into an '07 Tahoe, when they compare part numbers they may tell the Tech that the unit will not work in the vehicle, even though it absolutly will. Taking it to someone who already knows how to do the install bypasses this, since the process is the same even with different part numbers.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by SchramAutoParts
Yes, but they usually communcate the part numbers to each other. so if you're putting one from an '09 Silverado into an '07 Tahoe, when they compare part numbers they may tell the Tech that the unit will not work in the vehicle, even though it absolutly will. Taking it to someone who already knows how to do the install bypasses this, since the process is the same even with different part numbers.

there is no "bypass" necessary. All they need to do is unlock the radio for your car. They need to rewrite VIN # to make it work. U doing nothing illegal. All u need is have radio fit to your car - bose or non bose. Thats it.
Old February 24th, 2011, 6:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by vrso2
there is no "bypass" necessary. All they need to do is unlock the radio for your car. They need to rewrite VIN # to make it work. U doing nothing illegal. All u need is have radio fit to your car - bose or non bose. Thats it.
Yes, but you can bypass the Bose / Non Bose issue by using a VIN in the Tech-II (to set the option ) that is loaded with NAV already. If you do, when you go to set the RPO's an option to set the speaker type is available, making bascially all 2007+ GM Truck and SUV nav units excluding the Escalade, Denali, and H2 work in any other GM truck, or SUV.

Quick Reply: 2011 Tahoe LT Navigation install