Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2012 Suburban liftgate problem (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2012-suburban-liftgate-problem-65046/)

Alliebb April 21st, 2014 7:20 PM

2012 Suburban liftgate problem

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Suburban that I love. It has recently developed an issue where the liftgate won't open. The button inside near the rearview mirror, the button on the key fob or in manual operating mode won't make it open. BUT it always works when i am at the Dealer. Anyone else having this problem.

in2pro April 21st, 2014 8:19 PM

Welcome to the forum...
Are you operating it, or is someone at the dealer operating it when it works?
Make sure the vehicle is in park and that there is plenty of clearance behind the vehicle when its operated....
Just some thoughts...
You might even try it with the parking brake on...

Alliebb April 21st, 2014 8:31 PM

I am operating it. This has been happening for about a month. Had it to a dealer is SC and again today in MD. Plenty of space behind. Physically turned off inside at rearview mirror area but still won't open. Very random as to when it works and when it does not. Going to DC tomorrow to pickup wine, hope it works.

Chevrolet Customer Service April 22nd, 2014 7:52 AM

Hi Alliebb,

So sorry to hear about this! I know it can be frustrating when the dealership is unable to duplicate the concern. Does this issue happen in particular weather conditions? Were you able to leave the vehicle with them for a few days so they can keep an eye on it? Please feel free to send a private message to us with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and name of involved dealership so we may contact the dealership for further options. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by Alliebb (Post 274326)
I have a 2012 Chevrolet Suburban that I love. It has recently developed an issue where the liftgate won't open. The button inside near the rearview mirror, the button on the key fob or in manual operating mode won't make it open. BUT it always works when i am at the Dealer. Anyone else having this problem.

Alliebb May 17th, 2014 1:44 PM

Update to Liftgate problem

An update - Hope this helps anyone with similar problem. Took the truck in for a repair appt. on 4/28, after some diagnostics, it was determined the lift gate motor was bad. A new one was ordered and installed that same afternoon. I was a happy person and now had a truck with lift gate that worked. Off i went to SC. After two days in SC, I tried to open the lift gate to load a cabinet and it did not work and would not work for the balance of my time in SC. Not a lift gate motor problem after all.
On my return to MD on 5/12, I dropped the truck off at the dealer with instructions to keep it until it was fixed. After two days, the mechanic found a skinned wire approx. 8" from the X405 connector. This was apparently the problem and was repaired. Which explained why the lift gate worked intermittently. So far the lift gate has continued to work.:)