Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 LTZ Dealer issues

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2015, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2015 LTZ Dealer issues

Excuse me for the initial long post. On Jan 113 2015 I purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ. The truck had 1034 miles on it when purchased. I was told it was not a Demo (Story is the Owner used it on a family trip). The dealer did take $500 off or mileage. We did not like the pinstripe that was added so we asked them on condition of the sale to remove it and to fix a few interior scuffs that we noticed. As we are signing paperwork, they finished detailing and getting ready to drive home. After we get the Tahoe home and into the garage we noticed 8 scratch marks in the location of the beginning and end of the pinstripes that we had removed. We immediately brought this to the dealers attention, with the promise of making it right. We are now being faced with a an option of repainting a Brand New White Diamond Tahoe or living with scratches and receiving a monetary compensation for it. I personally do not want a brand new vehicle painted, all I want is the vehicle I paid for minus 8 scratches. Easy for me, find another Tahoe and replace it. The dealer says no because it has been titled. Question is, what is the monetary compensation for something like this and are there other ways to go about this?
Old February 1st, 2015, 3:27 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by k1kendrick
Excuse me for the initial long post. On Jan 113 2015 I purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ. The truck had 1034 miles on it when purchased. I was told it was not a Demo (Story is the Owner used it on a family trip). The dealer did take $500 off or mileage. We did not like the pinstripe that was added so we asked them on condition of the sale to remove it and to fix a few interior scuffs that we noticed. As we are signing paperwork, they finished detailing and getting ready to drive home. After we get the Tahoe home and into the garage we noticed 8 scratch marks in the location of the beginning and end of the pinstripes that we had removed. We immediately brought this to the dealers attention, with the promise of making it right. We are now being faced with a an option of repainting a Brand New White Diamond Tahoe or living with scratches and receiving a monetary compensation for it. I personally do not want a brand new vehicle painted, all I want is the vehicle I paid for minus 8 scratches. Easy for me, find another Tahoe and replace it. The dealer says no because it has been titled. Question is, what is the monetary compensation for something like this and are there other ways to go about this?

Welcome to the forum
Sorry to hear about the issues with your new ride...

I'd get a quote from an outside body shop for the cost of the repair/repaint and use that as an amount to ask for if you choose to take the money and run.... then once you have the money see if a body shop can buff them down so they are not as pronounced if you can live with the scratches...

Old February 1st, 2015, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dealer issues

The dealer has tried to buff out with very littke success. I do not want the scratches regardless of the amount. I really want what I paid for. I hate to be that guy that has to lawyer up. To me it is simple. Replace the Tahoe with the exact same one.
Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum
Sorry to hear about the issues with your new ride...

I'd get a quote from an outside body shop for the cost of the repair/repaint and use that as an amount to ask for if you choose to take the money and run.... then once you have the money see if a body shop can buff them down so they are not as pronounced if you can live with the scratches...

Old February 1st, 2015, 6:57 PM
CF Junior Member

You requested that the pinstripes be removed. If they repaint at their cost or settle up monetarily and you find someone else to do it, aren't they giving you what you asked for? Thinking about it another way. If the dealer noticed the 8 scratches and decided to repaint and told you they had to take the extra step to repaint after they performed the work, would you still ask for a new tahoe? I mean the pinstripes are gone. There aren't any scratches. Asking for another tahoe is a little out of scope in terms of what the dealer can do to remedy the situation, IMO. Good luck though. Keep us posted.

Last edited by suburbansr4me; February 1st, 2015 at 7:03 PM.
Old February 1st, 2015, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Suburbansr4me,
I did request that the pin stripes be removed. I did not however ask for 8 deep scratches that can not be buffed out to be placed on a Brand New Tahoe. They have offered to repaint, however who wants a brand new vehicle that had to be repainted? The difference between the dealer noticing the 8 scratches an re-painting and the customer is the fact I know it has been painted and after it has been titled it will lose significant value because of that. If I the customer has done nothing to contribute to this, why am I losing the additional depreciation due to the dealerships neglect?
Old February 1st, 2015, 10:45 PM
CF Senior Member

I think the vehicle lost significant value when someone put 1000 miles on it.
I too am leaning towards the dealer on this one. If you had noticed the eight scratches at the dealership, don't sign. If I'm spending 60k on a car. I'm going over it with a fine tooth comb. As a matter of fact, I have one at the dealer now. I will look it over at least 3x and drive it twice before I take possession of it.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 6:54 AM
CF Beginner

I agree that the vehicle los significant value when someone put a 1000 miles on it. I also understand the dealers perspective as well, it is a money thing. I am more or less trying to determine what the monetary value of those scratches are as opposed to a vehicle that has been painted. I guess I am looking at it this way, just like everyone else I purchased a new vehicle. If I take it to the dealership for service and when I get it back, it has 8 scratches on it that can not be buffed out, what is the resolution that is acceptable? Do you make them paint a new car or do you allow them to compensate, and if so how much?
Old February 2nd, 2015, 8:17 AM
CF Junior Member

I'm kinda interested to see what these scratches look like. Got any pics?
Old February 2nd, 2015, 8:34 AM
CF Beginner

I do not have pics at this point. The truck is at the dealer. There are two on each front fender and two on each side of the rear. They are at least 1 inch long, and the front ones are deep. Meaning if you run your finger nail across it, you will feel them for sure as well as see them.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 8:43 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lawyer up. I'm dead serious. They won't budge without one. Get it now before it's too late.

Quick Reply: 2015 LTZ Dealer issues