Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 LTZ Dealer issues

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2015, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not ruling that out at this point. It will be a hassle but then again we are not talking about a couple dollars either.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

If the dealer has offered to repaint the quarter panels affected then getting a lawyer is probably not going to do you any good except enrich the lawyer.

I am not sure why you think the repaint will lower the value. Most body shops that I have experience with do a better job than the factory usually. you could make that a condition on accepting the deal that the repaint would not be noticeable.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 8:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by k1kendrick
I agree that the vehicle los significant value when someone put a 1000 miles on it. I also understand the dealers perspective as well, it is a money thing. I am more or less trying to determine what the monetary value of those scratches are as opposed to a vehicle that has been painted. I guess I am looking at it this way, just like everyone else I purchased a new vehicle. If I take it to the dealership for service and when I get it back, it has 8 scratches on it that can not be buffed out, what is the resolution that is acceptable? Do you make them paint a new car or do you allow them to compensate, and if so how much?

Took my suburban to dealership for an oil change. They scratched the corner of the bumper 1 1/2 inches. They paid me 650$. The cost of the repair. If it were a lease it would have been normal wear and tear.

Chances are they won't repaint the whole panel but blend it.
Old February 12th, 2015, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

I think one of the biggest issues is that I did not cause the scratches or damage to the interior. The dealer is replacing everything in the interior that needs to be replaced. I am still not happy with the 8 scratches on the truck. The body shop said they would have to repaint both sides of the truck. The body shop does not want to and does not recommend repainting over a brand new factory paint job. Specifically with the White Diamond he is totally against it. So basically I am forced to live with the scratches.
Old February 12th, 2015, 5:51 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Of course they're going to recommend not repainting. I'd have them either repaint or replace.
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this the white diamond tricoat?

So someone used a razor blade to remove the pinstripes? nice
Old February 13th, 2015, 11:54 AM
CF Senior Member

At this point you will never be happy. Either have them refund your money or maybe paint some pin stripping on.