Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2015 Suburban LT ride issue (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2015-suburban-lt-ride-issue-68987/)

Chelpcamp November 7th, 2014 1:23 AM

2015 Suburban LT ride issue

We bought a 2015 Suburban LT in August. When we test drove the vehicle had factory 20's and the ride seemed fine but never really got it up to highway speeds. Before we left the lot we had the dealer put on Chevy Factory 22's b/c we liked the look. When we finally took it on the highway we had a horrible (whole car shaking) vibration. Had tires balanced, problem still there. Had new tires put on, vibration still there. Had tires and rims road forced balanced, vibration still there. Adjusted tire pressure, vibration still there. It seems to be coming from the rear since we feel it in the bottom of the seats. We do not feel it in the swearing wheel. We are at a loss and so is the dealer as to what it is or how to fix it. Very pissed since we spent a lot of money for the car and usually spend 10 hours plus in the car for road trips home to see family. This is not our 1st suburban and our other one drove like a dream. Starting to think we got a lemon! Wondering if anyone else with a 2015 has experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

SabrToothSqrl November 7th, 2014 7:23 AM

And I assume you've put the original 20s back on it, and driven it?

because... that would be a fairly quick & easy test...

Take another one from the lot and go test drive it. Don't let this slip, those things aren't cheap.

in2pro November 7th, 2014 10:56 AM

I agree with SabrToothSqrl get those 20's back on first to eliminate that as a possible cause... the next item is checking the drive shaft for balance....
They may be too focused on the wheel tires as the issue overlooking other causes....

73shark November 7th, 2014 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chelpcamp (Post 288471)
We bought a 2015 Suburban LT in August. When we test drove the vehicle had factory 20's and the ride seemed fine but never really got it up to highway speeds. Before we left the lot we had the dealer put on Chevy Factory 22's b/c we liked the look. When we finally took it on the highway we had a horrible (whole car shaking) vibration. Had tires balanced, problem still there. Had new tires put on, vibration still there. Had tires and rims road forced balanced, vibration still there. Adjusted tire pressure, vibration still there. It seems to be coming from the rear since we feel it in the bottom of the seats. We do not feel it in the swearing wheel. We are at a loss and so is the dealer as to what it is or how to fix it. Very pissed since we spent a lot of money for the car and usually spend 10 hours plus in the car for road trips home to see family. This is not our 1st suburban and our other one drove like a dream. Starting to think we got a lemon! Wondering if anyone else with a 2015 has experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

The larger the wheel, the harder it is to balance. I agree w/ in2pro and sts that putting the originals back on is step 1.

Chevrolet Customer Service November 7th, 2014 10:33 PM

Congrats on your beautiful new Suburban! I'm so sorry that you've encountered this vibration! If there's any support we can offer in order to try to resolve this, please PM us your full contact info, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

Cheers!

Jonathan A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chelpcamp November 8th, 2014 11:29 AM

Thanks everyone! We are headed back to dealer around thanksgiving to put originals back on and see if that resolves the problem. Unfortunately the chevy dealership here did not want to work with us, so we are headed to original dealer we purchased it from.

blueinterceptor November 8th, 2014 8:16 PM

Premium ride with or without air ?

in2pro November 9th, 2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor (Post 288596)
Premium ride with or without air ?

I think all the 2015's have the MagneRide magnetic suspension

blueinterceptor November 9th, 2014 7:28 PM

Only the ltz s have the magnetic ride.

lostsailor June 3rd, 2015 4:28 PM

I have the 20's and same vibration issue that has shown up at about 6k on the clock. They rebalanced tires which helped a little, but still vibrating. Dealer has been very helpful, but sounds like there is a bigger design issue going on.