Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Z-71 Suburban Issues

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2015, 11:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2015 Z-71 Suburban Issues

Hey,

I just joined this site and have not read any of the threads yet. So I apologize for repeat complaints!

I had a 2008 Z71 Tahoe that I was the original owner of. I traded it in a few months ago for a brand new 2015 Z71 Suburban......I never had ANY issues with my Tahoe. I think I brought it in for service MAYBE 3 or 4 times at most, and for little electrical issues with the rear entertainment system.

I am so annoyed and disappointed with my new Suburban....I am looking to see if anyone else is having the same issues as I am?!!?!?

1. When I am driving, The passenger side window area has an extremely annoying flapping/whistling noise happening. It sounds like when a window isnt shut all of the way, except it is..........!

2. The driver seat is messed up. When I slow down, it creaks or clunks. When I adjust it, it clunks like it is going to fall apart.

3. The passenger seat is messed up... When slowing down if it is occupied, it has a thump noise coming from under it like its loose or something....

4. The leather seems extremely fragile. Like I said, I had my Tahoe for 7 years and never had ANY of the leather scratched....ever.....so I have had my new Suburban for 2 months and have about 5 surface scratches.

I am going to bring it in for service when I have time....but seriously...please tell me someone else has these issues? I feel like when you pay $70,000 for something, you shouldn't have issues so soon...especially the leather...i have a few pricey handbags that i throw around and treat rough....never scratched the leather once.......
Old September 28th, 2015, 3:15 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few people here that mention a noise while driving. Some have had an issue with the rails on the roof racks being installed backwards. Others have had so issues with the roofs cross members getting seperated from their insulation. It produced headaches for some. I have a 15 burb with none of those issues. I personally prefer the seats from the previous series burbs. I too think the leather is thicker and found the seats softer. I think it's the vibrating motors that are making the seats harder for me.

I have not had any creaking sounds in these trucks seats, but that could be a track problem or the brackets are not tightened down.

Last edited by blueinterceptor; September 28th, 2015 at 3:17 AM.