Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2019 Suburban Engine Shut Off on Test Drive!

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2018, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Suburban Engine Shut Off on Test Drive!

I took the new 2019 Chevrolet Suburban Premier for a test drive and the engine turned off as I was getting off the freeway. It still had power and all the lights were on but the engine stopped running. I tried stepping on the gas and had zero response. Fortunately I was close enough to the shoulder and pulled over before being rear ended.

I put the car into park and turned the engine back on. The engine started up like normal and I cautiously made my way back to the dealership. The salesman was just as surprised as I was and said they would take a look at it. Hopefully this was just a rare glitch because it only had 12 miles on it and it had less than a quarter tank of gas.
Old November 20th, 2018, 9:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Lincoln45
I took the new 2019 Chevrolet Suburban Premier for a test drive and the engine turned off as I was getting off the freeway. It still had power and all the lights were on but the engine stopped running. I tried stepping on the gas and had zero response. Fortunately I was close enough to the shoulder and pulled over before being rear ended.

I put the car into park and turned the engine back on. The engine started up like normal and I cautiously made my way back to the dealership. The salesman was just as surprised as I was and said they would take a look at it. Hopefully this was just a rare glitch because it only had 12 miles on it and it had less than a quarter tank of gas.
"Take a look at it" means nothing. Most car salesmen are not mechanically inclined. Please do not take possesion of a vehicle that could have gotten you killed.

I dont give a damn what make and model it was, just walk away.. These stupid fuel mileage laws and overseas parts are getting people killed no matter what the manufacturer..