Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2nd row seats (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2nd-row-seats-8659/)

peterredemannss2000 October 31st, 2013 3:54 AM

Originally Posted by thicsac (Post 41184)
Looking to trade second row grey leather bench seat for captains chairs. 2003 Suburban.

I have 2 second row grey leather buckets to trade for your bench if you wish... email me at peterredemann@gmail.com

mikey_1412 December 17th, 2013 9:26 PM

I have a 07 suburban with 2end row captain seats. I am looking to buy or swap for a bench. Mine are black leather and are heated and have the electronic release. They are also from a smoke free truck. I would like the same in the bench seat. I am located in Clovis New Mexico but will be headed to Utah and Idaho for Xmas. I would be willing to meet up somewhere on the way.

Battlephrog January 14th, 2014 11:31 AM

Reviving this thread a bit (perhaps?)...

I've got a 2011 Suburban with captain/bucket seats in the 2nd row. Looking for the 60/40 bench. I might be willing to trade, but may also hang on to the bucket seats for now. My main reason for posting is because there seems to be all sorts of conflicting info in regards to this subject.

Will I need different mounts/brackets for the bench seat? There are plenty of seats with seatbelts etc. on ebay, but I don't see much about mounting requirements. I am the original owner of the truck, and do not owe any banks or anything like that... Just trying not to have to get rid of my truck for a van as my family grows (expecting our 6th).

Info is all over the place but its very difficult to determine what parts I'll need for mounting. Have any of you actually done this with an 07-13 model Suburban?

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

- Josh

73shark January 14th, 2014 12:30 PM

Josh: Welcome to the forum.

I think the problem occurs w/ a Tahoe/Suburban switch. Then there are some trim differences, not sure if that would be a problem on yours. Might check out a 'burb w/ a bench to see.

Battlephrog January 14th, 2014 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 265713)
Josh: Welcome to the forum. I think the problem occurs w/ a Tahoe/Suburban switch. Then there are some trim differences, not sure if that would be a problem on yours. Might check out a 'burb w/ a bench to see.

Thanks for the greeting and the reply.

From what I gather there are not only differences between model vehicle (Suburban vs Tahoe), but also the mounting of the seats between Suburban/Suburban when going from bucket to bench. A different hole pattern perhaps?

This is why I'm hoping that a GM tech or someone who has made the switch can comment on what all is needed. Not concerning carpeting etc., but mounting specifically.

73shark January 14th, 2014 3:08 PM

I don't know for sure but I would bet that the mounting hardware is part of the body pan for both bench and bucket seats. You could look under the carpet and verify this.

zumawater January 15th, 2014 8:19 AM

Originally Posted by Battlephrog (Post 265706)

I've got a 2011 Suburban with captain/bucket seats in the 2nd row. Looking for the 60/40 bench. I might be willing to trade, but may also hang on to the bucket seats for now. My main reason for posting is because there seems to be all sorts of conflicting info in regards to this subject.

Will I need different mounts/brackets for the bench seat? There are plenty of seats with seatbelts etc. on ebay, but I don't see much about mounting requirements. I am the original owner of the truck, and do not owe any banks or anything like that... Just trying not to have to get rid of my truck for a van as my family grows (expecting our 6th).

Info is all over the place but its very difficult to determine what parts I'll need for mounting. Have any of you actually done this with an 07-13 model Suburban?

- Josh

I have done it! I have a 2009 Suburban that had a bench. I swapped for 2 buckets out of 2007 Suburban. They mount fine! I made the mistake of buying Tahoe buckets. Those don't work!

tdo January 22nd, 2014 7:06 PM

I have a 2010 Suburban with the split bench in the second row. Looking for someone who wants to swap for the buckets. Black leather, non smoking vehicle. I'm near Ventura in Southern California.

mactavish25 March 25th, 2014 11:29 AM

08 Sub. Z71 need bench seat, trade captains

I have a 08 suburban z71 with 3 rows captains looking to convert 3rd row to bench, anyone willing to trade. It is the z71 leather black and gray. contact me at markanthony02@hotmail.com

jeaitc13 May 6th, 2014 1:58 PM

Originally Posted by Battlephrog (Post 265706)

- Josh

Josh,

I have a 2011 Suburban with Tan Leather 60/40 bench. Looking for Captains chairs. Are you up for a trade if we can work out the details?

Jill

in2pro May 6th, 2014 2:45 PM

Jill, welcome to the forum :)

hdtarmac May 6th, 2014 7:03 PM

bench seat needed

Jill, I just got on here. I have tan leather buckets in great condition. Non smoker. I'm looking for a bench. Send me an email and we can work out the details if Josh doesn't reply. Amjduron@gmail.com

I have a 2011 Suburban with Tan Leather 60/40 bench. Looking for Captains chairs. Are you up for a trade if we can work out the details?

Jill[/QUOTE]

BobSt July 8th, 2014 2:22 PM

2005 Sububan 60/40 bench seats in a 2014

I have a 2014 Suburban LS with tumble back 60/40 bench seats. Can you put in old style 2005 60/40 bench seats that fold all the way to front for full cargo room. No electronics involved. Looks like it would work with some modifications and new fastening points. Anyone done it? What are the issues?

73shark July 8th, 2014 5:36 PM

Welcome to the forum.

While anything is possible given enough time and money, this'd might be a stretch. Not likely that the mounting points are the same which would necessitate cutting and welding.

budgetcabaz July 28th, 2014 11:43 PM

Need bench 2nd row

Quote:
I am looking to swap or buy a second row bench for my 2007 suburban. Would need to be black leather. My captain seats are heated and have the electric fold and tumble option. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks
4802175319 call any time

saeballer July 29th, 2014 2:57 PM

Bench seat for captain chairs

I have an 08' Tahoe and want to trade my black leather bench seat for captain chairs. Email me at brandon.white2880@gmail.com if you are interested. I'm located in central Florida. Thanks

mattincincy August 11th, 2014 5:24 PM

Hello all!

New member here.

I have a 2010 Suburban LT

Looking to trade or buy

I have 2nd row bench leather in Titanium/gray code 83, like new!

Looking for a set of 07-14 Greay Leather Buckets.

I will pay freight!

Im located in the Cincinnati OH area! feel free to email me dlastss@hotmail.com

tashina December 7th, 2014 8:20 PM

Looking to trade 2009 tahoe Lt 2nd row bench seats for captains. Black ebony fabric.
Seattle area

mudmixer December 21st, 2014 1:12 AM

remove 40 side of 60/40 2nd row

2012 Suburban LT with manual fold 2nd row. Want to remove the 40 side of the 60/40 split 2nd row to give easier access to 3rd row.

Thought I would see if anyone has done this or might know of issues this might create for remaining 60 side of split. I think the 60 brackets sit on top of the 40 sides brackets. I'm wondering how to compensate for that height difference that will be left by removing the 40 side.

Any input is appreciated!

in2pro December 21st, 2014 7:22 AM

Originally Posted by mudmixer (Post 291404)
2012 Suburban LT with manual fold 2nd row. Want to remove the 40 side of the 60/40 split 2nd row to give easier access to 3rd row.

Thought I would see if anyone has done this or might know of issues this might create for remaining 60 side of split. I think the 60 brackets sit on top of the 40 sides brackets. I'm wondering how to compensate for that height difference that will be left by removing the 40 side.

Any input is appreciated!

Welcome to the forum..
If I recall the last time I pulled mine out to clean the carpets they do over lap but I don't believe there is anything preventing the installation of just one of the seats.. if spacing is an issue I would put large washers in place to compensate for the height difference...

DrewmanG December 21st, 2014 10:10 AM

yes you can!

It's easy to do, and access is easy when done. You have to remove the floor 'cover', then remove bolts. You might have to take the 60 up to if the mounting brackets overlap, and then Re bolt 60 side. Put all bolts back on studs so you don't lose for future. We took out the 60 side a long time ago, be careful, they are heavy and big. Floor cover will cover the floor so no bolts etc will be visible. Hope this helps, any questions, holler!

rnorse1 December 29th, 2014 11:31 PM

2nd Row Captain Seats Swap for Bench Seat

I have a 2012 Chev Suburban LTZ with 2nd row ebony leather Captain (bucket) seats that have heat and power. I would like to swap for a 2nd row 60/40 bench in the same color with heat and power.

My seats have been covered since day 1. I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida.

TC29 January 5th, 2015 10:49 PM

2011 suburban 2nd row bench black- MN

I am also brand new! I would like to trade my 2nd row black bench (60/40 or 70/30 not sure what the diff is) in very good condition, out of my 2011 suburban with 70k on it. for a pair of 2nd row black captains chairs. I am located in MN. if you are in a surrounding state I would like to know! Maybe we can work something out!

Chris Wil February 18th, 2015 6:04 PM

Originally Posted by TC29 (Post 292485)
I am also brand new! I would like to trade my 2nd row black bench (60/40 or 70/30 not sure what the diff is) in very good condition, out of my 2011 suburban with 70k on it. for a pair of 2nd row black captains chairs. I am located in MN. if you are in a surrounding state I would like to know! Maybe we can work something out!

We have a 2011 Suburban LTZ with Black Leather captain chairs in the 2nd row. Would really like to trade for a bench with power fold and heat. Are you still looking?

strannik999 March 4th, 2015 9:51 AM

I would like to trade my 2013 Suburban LTZ 2nd row black bench seat in very good condition for 2nd row black bucket chairs. The seats I have and want are power folding and heated. I'm located in Northern VA. Please let me know if you are interested.

strannik999 March 4th, 2015 9:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Wil (Post 295762)
We have a 2011 Suburban LTZ with Black Leather captain chairs in the 2nd row. Would really like to trade for a bench with power fold and heat. Are you still looking?

I am. PLease let me know if you are interested. I'm in VA

strannik999 March 4th, 2015 1:34 PM

I'm interested. Let me know if you still have them. alexander.doubrov@gmail.com

Originally Posted by rnorse1 (Post 291950)
I have a 2012 Chev Suburban LTZ with 2nd row ebony leather Captain (bucket) seats that have heat and power. I would like to swap for a 2nd row 60/40 bench in the same color with heat and power.

My seats have been covered since day 1. I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida.

isaias_1 March 5th, 2015 10:00 AM

Sorry long gone